Wide 5 rear drum to fit a later narrow 5 rear hub

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bajalegend

Reaction score
I have just bought a 68 Cali bus with wide 5 front but narrow 5 rear!

Haven't checked the code but assume it's a later box.

I know that you can't fit wide 5 drums to a later hub as they are slightly different so I've read, does anyone sell them please?

Don't really want to use adapters.

Thanks

There is a way of machining some wide 5 drums to fit, i did it a long time ago on my split. I think you need to get about 25mm machined of the snout of the drum and you need a spacer on the inside, you might have to do something with the brakes but i can't remember.
Or try creative engineering they might have a drum that bolts on.

radish said:
There is a way of machining some wide 5 drums to fit, i did it a long time ago on my split. I think you need to get about 25mm machined of the snout of the drum and you need a spacer on the inside, you might have to do something with the brakes but i can't remember.

Cool, thanks

radish said:

https://creative-engineering.com/product/130-pcd-rear-drum-and-hub-to-fit-68-79-bay-hub/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if it's for function, why not uprate to small 5's on the front with added stopping power of the discs? If it's form over function, then what they said up there :msn4:

Latest posts