windscreen surround & front repair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhjackson

Reaction score
Will I have to remove the whole front panel to replace the inner windscreen panel (the outer top needs doing as well)

The front panel also has a large dent in the front and the bottom outer and inner needs replacing. What's the best option?

IMAGE_562.jpg

IMAGE_561.jpg

IMAGE_559.jpg

Thanks in advance

It was awhile ago, the top panel (post 76 bit) was GSF and I'm not sure about the lower panel. If you go ahead, then cut the indicator mounts out of your front panel with about 1 inch of panel all round, this way you can use them as a means on getting the contour right and giving the correct mounting for the indicators. In the picture the join is at the top of the indicator holes. The final take looks like this

DSCF0624.jpg

Looking at the photo i'm guessing that you'll end up replacing a fair bit of the inner windscreen panel and the inner lower panel. When I started cutting mine away it almost never stopped.

I have an Aus import early bay front end if that would help. Surplus to my requirements as I sold the bus it was inteneed for. Needs a little minor welding around the windscreen surround , but nothing major. Good news is it includes the inner windscreen and inner lower pannel all complete. I bought it as I couldn't face repeating the repair I did on my other bus using modified new panels and load of fabrication.

If you want it you can have it for what I paid for it. Just PM me

Good luck.

Clarkson46 said:
This panel still has the bump. That badge is a plastic one with the area over the bump cut back so that it sits evenly on the front panel and is fixed with 3M's double sided tape. So far no one has commented.

DSCF0624.jpg

If you look closely you can just see the edge of the bulge between the left side of the V and the top of the W.

Nonetheless, a clever and ingenuitive mod indeed ... :wink:

Latest posts