Windscreen washer switch connection

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curly head

Reaction score
Has anyone got any images or diagrams on what wire goes where on the back of the switch?

Mine has stopped working after someone tinkered with it!

Need to check the connections as the fuse isn't blown and have power to it.

Any help would be appreciated :D

Is this any help:
http://www.speedyjim.net/schem/wiper2.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers, Rob.

Kombi zombie said:
Is this any help:
http://www.speedyjim.net/schem/wiper2.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers, Rob.
Thanks for the response but I already have wiring diagrams etc.

What I need is an image of the back of the switch so I know which cable goes where.

The back of the switch has assorted numbers by each blade, eg 31, which is always earth and brown. If you've got wiring diagrams you should be able to work it out easily!
Below is a picture of the back of a switch.
there are 6 blades:
30 - power to switch
31 - earth
31b - to earth on wiper motor
53, 53a, 53b - to wiper motor.
1036962.jpg

vwed said:
The back of the switch has assorted numbers by each blade, eg 31, which is always earth and brown. If you've got wiring diagrams you should be able to work it out easily!
Below is a picture of the back of a switch.
there are 6 blades:
30 - power to switch
31 - earth
31b - to earth on wiper motor
53, 53a, 53b - to wiper motor.
1036962.jpg
Cheers for your help but do you know which numbers refer to which terminals on the switch?

There are no numbers on the rear of my switch, very strange as its original!

Facing the back of the switch, top right is 30, then clockwise, 53b, 53, 53a, 31b (nearer the centre than the one above and below it) and finally 31 (top left).
Both my NOS SWF and Mera switches have the numbers embossed on the back, are you sure you haven't got some shonky Chinese repro?

vwed said:
Facing the back of the switch, top right is 30, then clockwise, 53b, 53, 53a, 31b (nearer the centre than the one above and below it) and finally 31 (top left).
Both my NOS SWF and Mera switches have the numbers embossed on the back, are you sure you haven't got some shonky Chinese repro?
Cheers for your help, that's great.

I will now check connections but based on your info I bet it is a cheap shit item from china!

Latest posts