Wiper blade refills 68

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joneastwood

Reaction score
Wiper Refills, so where do you get yours from as looking as most refills have either a 6mm or 8mm track width yet when I measured my 68 ones they are more like 10mm. I don't want to squashed them if they are supposed to be this wide, any help ideas please guys? Or is this yet another 68 only issue

IMG_95091.JPG

I just bought some from Halfords, I didn't consider the width, they just seemed ok.

Clem said:
I just bought some from Halfords, I didn't consider the width, they just seemed ok.

Don't suppose you know which ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of NOS, SWF, blades for '68 model year Buses.
The width of the metal track at the top of the rubber part itself is just shy of 7mm. In other words the part that slides into the piece you have pictured.
You may well not have the correct blade frame in the first place.
1231870.jpg

1231869.jpg

The arms look correct, albeit you are missing the spring underneath on the top one at least.
The blade frame is not correct, that is not say it won't work, just looks out of scale to me - but then I'm a purist!
The overall length of the rubber blade should be 400mm.

I have the springs - bus is from the USA and had blades but they all fell apart

I purchased universal blades from Halfords for mine as mentioned on Facebook. They fit differently to the OG ones shown in vweds pictures as they aren't just held in place by the clamps and strip of wire.

They are held in place at one end as shown in the pictures below. I hope this makes sense!

kempy said:
I purchased universal blades from Halfords for mine as mentioned on Facebook. They fit differently to the OG ones shown in vweds pictures as they aren't just held in place by the clamps and strip of wire.

They are held in place at one end as shown in the pictures below. I hope this makes sense!

Makes sense

That's what I have but only 6mm

joneastwood said:
kempy said:

Makes sense

That's what I have but only 6mm

Just measured mine and they're 6mm as well. As long as you fit the retaining clip on the end they shouldn't come off as I've had mine fitted for over a year and driven in some terrible weather with the wipers going like the clappers.

Latest posts