Wixie's 68 bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wixie1968

Reaction score
Hi to every one on the forum, I'm kind of new to this so i'm going to start with images from when my bus was first restored!!
I think the images are quite small so I hope they're ok
body1969.jpg

cabnets6sm.jpg

cabnets2sm.jpg

electr1.jpg

gal3big.jpg

elctr1.jpg

electr2sm.jpg

Very nice 8) you must be well pleased with it? Get some recent pics up too

simo

Thanks guys,
I'll progress with some more pics later, i'm currently fitting new T2D beam and drop spindles set up and taking it back to wide 5's. Also fitting a new lump!!

Fortunate Son said:
I really like the look of the cookie cutters, different and subtle on an EB, welcome to the forum :D
They'll be on here for sale soon if know anyone in the market for some!!

uber cool said:
Nice bus and colour, look forward to the updates, what engine are you going for?
Following spending a fortune rebuilding my existing engine last year to find the new big ends didn't like going into a heavily worn bottom end I went for a TES engine. A controversial decision to some people it may seem but after shopping around I found buying an engine was a lottery so I bought a 1641 super street bad boy double dip bleeder plus!! it has as many new parts as possible without actually buying a brand new engine. Whats your opinion?

Looks very nice. Great job on the interior.
Look forward to seeing more progress.

Beautiful bus you got there.

One question : how did you fix the toplocker to you're roof?

Got myself a 69 De Luxe and wanna have a toplock but I want also a De Luxe Headliner in stead of aan Westy-one.

Remon T2a said:
Beautiful bus you got there.

One question : how did you fix the toplocker to you're roof?

Got myself a 69 De Luxe and wanna have a toplock but I want also a De Luxe Headliner in stead of aan Westy-one.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the bus!!

I reused what was in, basically what looked like a piece of wood about 30x30x400mm with one of the edges chamfered off to match the angle of the internal panel which is then screwed into the inner panel then the box screwed up into that.

With piston slap next came the top end engine rebuild!!
IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg
IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

Turned out to be a big mistake, 500 miles later the big ends went............ bin fodder!!

Latest posts