12v feed to coil

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goffo72

Reaction score
Took my 1970 early bay out for a spin yesterday. it ran for a few miles ok then died. Checked plug for a spark and didn't get one. Then checked 12v feed to the coil and this was missing too (reversing lights didn't work either, same feed). looking at the drawing it shows the feed coming from the ignition through an 8 way connector. Any ides where this connector is or what it looks like.
Any pointers would be great.
Cheers

1970 early bay LHD

Electric stuff is up there with shooting stars etc in my world, but the first thing I would check is the fuses and the second thing I’d check is the engine earth. And if you’ve got some jump leads, I’d test that feed again with jump leads from the motor to the body as an extra earth just to try and prove it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, hope someone more helpful jumps in :mrgreen:

Cheers for the reply ozziedog checked all the above and finally found a break in the feed cable through the bulkhead.
Couple of crimps later and all good.

goffo72 said:
Cheers for the reply ozziedog checked all the above and finally found a break in the feed cable through the bulkhead.
Couple of crimps later and all good.

Perfect perfect perfect :mrgreen: if only every little issue was that simple.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,we all love a happy ending :mrgreen:

Latest posts