14" Fuchs earlybay fitment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1961bluebug

Reaction score
So..I want a technical clean solution without any adapters. For the rear I chose CSP drums with correct pattern and what can I do for the front on my non -lowered earlybay?

CSP states their 5x130 kit is "generally not for 14 inch wheels" but in reality - has anybody tried?

Thanks,

Jan

Well I found a lot of conflicting info, but on SSVC forum is a guy who states he used this CSP 5x130 kit succesfuly with 14". So I pulled a trigger and I´ll try.

Is the warning in relation to steel wheels? I know the early bay 14” steels have got an odd moulding which means that there is almost a lip that runs around the inside of the wheel and causes clearance issues with dropped spindles and disc brake calipers. If anything, alloy wheels should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I deducted. Big problems with so called crows feet steel wheels. I´ll report back.

So I´m reporting back as promised. Rear - 14" original Fuchs fits nicely on CSP 5x130 rear drums along with CSP studs and Fuchs aluminium nuts.
Front - no easy fit. I had to touch the caliper slightly with angle grinder as it gets to contact with the wheel, fit 10mm alu spacer on each side and install longer studs so I can use aluminium nuts. CSP advise against any manipulation with front hubs/studs and I hereby do not recommend to follow my experience as an instruction.

Latest posts