• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1500 1967 Beetle - with 1641 turbo engine fitted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uber cool

Reaction score
1967 1500cc model Beetle, it's the last of the long bonnet but has the benefit of the updated balljoint beam and disc brakes. If that's not good enough its has loads of new parts, not your normal rusty Beetle and then has a turbo fitted. Its done a drag time at York of 16.01 seconds, which equates to a 0 to 60 of 9 seconds, not bad for a 47 year old car. comes with tax and MOT and ready to use.

Selling as i have too many cars and only mamaged 200 miles in this last year, the spec of this Beetle is massive and I'll list below, most parts are new within the last 4 years, its been garaged and done less than 1000 miles in this time:-

Ball joint beam with adjusters fitted
new front shocks
new cross drill discs
new calipers
new brake hoses all round
floor pan and body was split and has had new floor pans fitted
new repro fuel tank
custom made quick shift gear lever
line lock
new seat belts front and rear
engine rebuilt with 1641 cc done less than 1000 miles
Renault 5 turbo and car fitted, running 14 PSI
Turbo is Garret GT15 which has been rebuilt with new bearings
custom exhaust manifold and intake for above
new repro steel front wings
Porsche 944 twin brake master cylinder, stops very well!
interior is good with original rubber floor mats
cream interior with no rips in the vinyl
good clean headlining
wheels new last year with good tyres, front 145 rears 185
paddle clutch plate
solid engine mounts

Currently with the turbo fitted its has an early engine lid and rear valance fitted, But will come with the 1 year only 67 engine lid and valance.

I'll add more info as I remember

Will sell at the advertised price or £1,000 less with the turbo and wheels removed. (will come on steel rims and twin carbs fitted)

build thread on VZI here http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=786062" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bad parts are the bonnet has rust breaking out ( the only part on the car) but i do have a good replacement that will come with the car. Also the paint on the wings is very orange peel and the rest of the body needs a good polish. I've never washed or polished it! preferred the tatty look, it sort of added to its street sleeper look! Buts its all sound and solid steel

Looking for offer around £4250

dragracing67Beetle049.jpg

dragracing67Beetle037.jpg

DSCF6847.jpg

pontiac020_zps7fb1cdbe.jpg

SouthRibble-20121009-00255_zpsd59d0023.jpg

dragracing67Beetle009.jpg

67beetle006.jpg

Latest posts