• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1776 complete turnkey engine just serviced for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n0rthernm0nkey

Reaction score
Hi All,

In a few weeks I will removing the engine from my bay and upgrading to a bigger....much bigger engine (insert evil grin). So will be selling the engine as a turnkey setup.

This engine was serviced on Tuesday (28/6/16) by James Wotton of VeeDubs, had oil change, new oil filter, plugs. Had timing, valves adjusted and carbs balanced. It is running perfect.

The specs are;

1776 by Richard Morena
Twin webber ict 34ict's
Remote oil cooler with fan
Remote filter
Vintage Speed Exhaust
New Alternator October 2013

It has bags of grunt, hills are no problem! Its a great engine for a bay. Im looking for £2500 which is great price for a proven, pro built turnkey setup thats just been serviced. If you are quick you can see it still in the van.

Cheers
Al.

Hi Can you confirm when it was built, the mileage and more details on the spec.

heads, rockers, cam, clutch, what external cooler, compression values etc

Cheers :)

I bought the van with engine in it but from someone else on the Early bay so will try and get more specs.

I'm afraid I won't be at camper jam but I will be at vw heritage 30th party at brands hatch and hopefully bug jam too.

Cheers
Al.

Hi All,

I spoke with Richard Morena this morning and got more details. Ive also been in touch with the previous owner too who is on Earlybay (Mattd1985).

It's a German crank balanced with stock flywheel
The camshaft is c35 scat and scat lightweight cam followers.
Drilled and tapped for full flow oil system.
All new genuine bearings and seals
Fitted a heavy duty oil pump and re built the heads with all new valves and springs.
90.5 Mahle forged pistons and cylinders and its 8.0.1 compression.
Strip heads bore for 90.5 cylinders , cut valve seats , replace valves with stainless steel items , install single heavy duty scat valve springs , port and polish heads in chambers.
Installed swivel feet tappet adjusters .
The case is stock size not been align bored.

The engine was built August 2010. It has covered approximately 7500 miles. IN 2011 it was rolling road tested and produces 76bhp at the wheel.

Took this picture on Monday when it was being serviced by James Wotton.

Im trying to get more information from the previous owner too.

Al.

I am driving with this engine to Spa next week. The engine is coming out of the van in 2 weeks time. Video will be posted this weekend. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n0rthernm0nkey said:
I am driving with this engine to Spa next week. The engine is coming out of the van in 2 weeks time. Video will be posted this weekend. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hy mate . got a fella who is defo interested in the engine, ,,on another forum, his name is robert gravina, and 07476297272 give him a buzz please, (passing info on ok )

Hi
If you could please contact me about your 1776 turnkey engine if it's still for sale .
On the mobile or email address I sent you
If it's no longer for sale please let me know
Thanks Richard

HELLO,

Sent you a PM but its sat in Outbox...

You know what i'm asking :D

Cheers Biddy

Latest posts