• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1955cc efi engine poss for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricvw

Reaction score
this is in my bus at the moment which is up for sale im going to give it a week or so then im going to try and sell the engine sepratly then the bus at a lower price.
the engine is a 1955cc blueprinted by Pat Downes at CB preformance he told me it made 120bhp on the dyno but i havent got proof and i have never had it on the rolling road or on the strip, i have been geting 28 mpg on a long run, its very driveable round town and a lot of fun when i havent got the family in with me.
i changed the oil and filters after the first 500 miles then again at 1000 the every 2000 miles it has 8000 miles on it now here is the full break down

76mm 4130 chromoly crankshaft w/ vw journals
5.500 chromoly race rods w/ arp 2000 bolts
90.5mm Mahle forged pistons
Case hardware kit
8mm chromoly head studs
Billet degreed crank pulley
double thrust cam bearings
.060 copper head gaskets
CB bolt on aluminum valve covers
#2242 camshaft
28mm lightweight racing lifters
.035 wall chromoly pushrods
windage tubes
New universal super case, full flowed
lightweight chromoly flywheel
stage-1 kennedy pressure plate
200mm dycon clutch disc
straight cut chromoly can gear set
30mm full flow oil pump
044 cylinder heads with 40x35.5 stainless valves, cnc ported with cnc reshaped combustion chambers, dual springs, chromoly retainers, single groove locks
1-1/2 qt oil sump
super stock 1.1-1 ratio rocker arm kit
36 H-P fanshroud
Bosch alternator kit with OEM fan, pulley and hardware
Black powder coated tin
009 distributor
Bosch non resistor coil
Taylor plug wires
NGK D6EA spark plugs
Compufire ignition module
CB Quicktune EFI system with dual 48mm throttle body's, 25lb injectors
the engine is still fitted so you can come drive and here it
looking for £4500 ono might take a smaller engine in PX im in Lancs if you want to come view

RG195511.jpg

rghome2.jpg

awesome engine i have almost the same setup and EFI, very very nice Gl with the sale,

i wanted to pick your brains about the install ECU module location and the like? ill pm you

i know i'm being a pain in the ass but id love to see some more pics of it in the bus and where you've fitted the control unit etc.

no probs iv moved the control box in to the spare wheel well know when Pat fitted it he put it under the back seat but i was botherd about it geting knocked i will take a few more pics over the weekend best of all its not that much to turbo it :evil:

yep its all there except the turbo and pipework and throttle body covers, i have to say the CB quick tune efi is pretty versatile. looks like you have the spark control unit there too. nice

Latest posts