• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1958 RHD Bug, 'Motel 6'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EgoTrippin

Reaction score
Gutted to be doing this, but needs must :(

1958 RHD bug for sale, known as 'Motel 6' due to the faded graphics on the doors. The bug was discovered after sitting for 23 years in a garage. I believe it had the restoration work, slamming and the paint done approx 2006/2007. I have the restoration photos showing the work done. One channel and rear quarter have been replaced as well as both rear bumper mount areas. The work was carried out with high quality hooky panels.
6" narrowed beam with no shocks
Dropped spindles, bumpstop kit, flipped tie rods, caster shims and adjusters
Has semaphores not hooked up
Original floor inc original rubber flooring
Dual circuit brakes
12 volt conversion
original interior including headliner
1300cc gearbox
1200cc engine
line loc
Stainless bolts and urethane bushes throughout
Roofrack
Lap belts
Bug deflector
Original interior including headlining
Stormforce cover included in sale.

Nice patina coming through the thin light blue paint. I have ankor waxed this to keep it in check.

MOT runs out mid-June, but sailed through the last one with no advisories. Obviously tax free.

Bad points.
The finish of the wheels is in poor condition. Running MWS Empi 5's at the moment, so cheap to replace with the equivelant.
Door and door window rubbers could do with replacing.
Running boards are different. Black on one side, blue with deluxe trim on the other.
Currently running an alternator that isnt charging, but will include the original dynamo and regulator.

£4500. Located in Shoreham by Sea, near Brighton.

Old photo, but I will post some more at the weekend.

thebug1-2.jpg

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04168.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

Second that, mmmmmmm niiiice.... the moment I have some spare cash its a bug for me and the lad and Helen fancies a soft top ghia......

Steve

DONT DO IT :mrgreen: , lovely car though,

Aaron has commented many times on how much he loves Liv's bug, obviously I love it too.
When he sees this ad, jeez how unbearable will he be???? Just wish I had the dollar to buy it for him (or me...)
Fantastic car, must go to the right person.

Thanks Pete :)

Clyde - there are no shock mounts, so it passes :)

More photos taken today

DSC02100.jpg

Patina
DSC02101.jpg

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02102.jpg

DSC02103.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

DSC02085.jpg

OG headliner
DSC02088.jpg

Passenger footwell
DSC02095.jpg

Drivers footwell
DSC02096.jpg

Passenger heater channel
DSC02091.jpg

Drivers heater channel
DSC02090.jpg

Passenger floorpan
DSC02081.jpg

Drivers floorpan
DSC02080.jpg

Under the bonnet. Spare wheel well has been cut out as this car used to be a lot lower
DSC02098.jpg

Line loc 8)
DSC02099.jpg

This car is awsome, i went to buy this with the previous owner and it is smoooooth. I drove another car that day just as low not as cool and it drove like shit, when i hit a pot hole i put my back out for 3 weeks.
No shocks have never been questioned on this car as far as i know from 3 different owner in 3 different counties.

Good luck mate

EgoTrippin said:
Cheers Sinclair :)

Nobody seems to want it though... :(

I want it but Jenni Doesn't which is a real shame :( :(

This awesome bug is still for sale. I'll be putting a years ticket on this later this month....

DSC02121.jpg

DSC02120.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts