195's on Split Steels?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A5H

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Camper
I intend to fit some 15" split steels (4.5" width) and want to get tyres with the closest circumference to stock as I can for the rear.
195/70/15's are very similar, but I'm thinking these might be too wide for a 4.5" rim?

I know a lot of folks run 185/65/15's and these may be my only option, but if possible I would like to find a higher diameter. Other sizes that in theory would also work (185/70/15 for example) don't really exist in practice. :roll:

I know tyres have been done to death a bit, and I have gone through the stance thread for inspiration, but don't really have an answer. There are a couple of guys on here http://www.steeringboxscrapers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5838&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; running 195's on stock rims, but at a lower profile.

Anyone have experience of running 195's on stock split wheels? Probably should add its down a few inches on adjustable pleates at the rear. :)

I'm sure my split steel 15" rims are 4.0 wide not 4.5. But I may be wrong, I am running 185

Yeah, they are stamped as 4.5"

So sounds like it is do-able then, which is good news as you can get commercials in a 195/70/15 :D

Latest posts