• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1962 patina splitscreen

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackc

Reaction score
Here i have my volkswagen camper. its a 1962 model and it must be one of the straightest, cleanest model of a splitscreen i have seen. i brought this camper about 3 years ago from a guy who imported it from the UK but didnt get it registered. so i registered it here in the UK and drove it. not for long may i add before i started to put more money into her because i just wanted her to sit and drive perfect.

The new parts i have replaced in the time i have had it.

New engine original 1600 engine with standard split exhaust
later rebuilt beetle gearbox taller ratio gears with a straight axel kit
lowered suspension shocks all round

New clutch and pressure plate
New brake pipes
New fuel pump
New window rubbers all round
New wing mirrors
brakes have had an overhaul and porsche discs fitted all round
converted to 12 volt electrics
Seats reupholstered in dove blue to match the exterior
Exterior floor cleaned down and painted
Exterior – Two coats of matt lacquer to keep the original look
Re-wired
it will come with one year’s MOT for the new owner

This camper is a real one off and as you can see there is no nasty surprises underneath the paint it is what it is. no nasty filler work, or dodgy paint work, this camper is well and truely straight and very clean.

The history i have with this camper is that many moons ago it was impounded because a hippy got caught by the police and went to jail which meant the camper sat in the impound yard for over 35 years until the guy i brought it off imported it to the UK.
This camper is an import from Arizona where they have sun,sun, sun and no rain. this means that the camper didnt get a chance to rust (not like the ones here in the UK they all seem to be rust!) evidently the camper got seriously burnt and now has a "Patina" look which is the complete original paint which to me is better than any camper that has been restored. you know what your getting with this camper no hidden surprises.

Price is £19995 ono

location is haverhill suffolk

I'm sure i have missed something so any questions give me a call:
Barry 01440786326

pics will be up soon i just have to work out how.

Latest posts