• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 baywindow camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushi

Reaction score
Hi guys, as a newbie this is my first post here - but read through a few topics and seems like a nice and accepting community you have here this is why I'm here at the end.

I have an early baywindow camper (1968 T2a) for sale, swap or px.
http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq229/bushi_hun/T2a_camper/?albumview=grid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bus_for_sale_008.jpg

The bay has been fully restored and is now only missing a restored furniture. Absolutely no rust 100% clean and straight! (see pics)
In this stage (90%) only missing interior - it is a T2a Westy with practical T2b elements such as the raising roof, disc brakes, etc) - I have the complete interior in parts (old) + sink, gas cooker, and absorption fridge in 100% condition. Brand new raising roof tent canvas (not fitted)
The engine is nicely restored 1600 cc with approx 500km runs and drives excellent. Long gearbox and empi trigger gearshift. T1 wheels.

CHECK OUT THE 360 DEGREE SPHERE PANORAMA VIEW OF THE INTERIOR OF THE BAY:
http://www.brp360.hu/galeria/kisbusz.swf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also have a T3 complete multivan interior with armrest frontseats, and RNR bed + buddy seat that can be easily fitted and upholstered if needed (if the bus is not sold this is my plan)
All numbers are matching, vehicle is registered in Hungary has all papers valid until 2010. Price unfinished as on pics and as described 7000 EUR I can finish up all work and do the upholstery and fitting of interior then the price is 9000 EUR - both negotiable.

I'm open to sensible offers.
I know it should be in another topic but as I can offer my bay and my bug as a combo please read below if I violate forum rules let me know and I will re-post this second part in another topic so - big discount if you take the bug too!

I also have a VW mexiko bug 1984 in 100% condition (the decoration can be removed) Registered in Hungary all papers valid until 2009 june. Perfect straight and solid absolutely no rust or rot! Can be driven anywhere I`d trust my life on it. A few things:
- completely re-newed 1600ccm unleaded 50HP engine
- lemmerz sprintstar alloys with empi centercaps
- lowered with CB and Puma bridge
- pearl-white metallic paintjob - beautiful live
- restored upholstery
- "Faltdach" ragtop from Britax

Many many more specs - price 3500 EUR - of course negotiable.
Please see the bug without decoration straight after restoration:
http://szepes.hu/site/index.php?id=1_MUN&qy=1985" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please note the page loads quite slowly so be patient.

http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq229/bushi_hun/mex_bug/?albumview=grid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CHECK OUT THE 360 DEGREE SPHERE PANORAMA VIEW OF THE INTERIOR OF THE BUG:
http://www.brp360.hu/galeria/bogar.swf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BOTH LOCATED IN HUNGARY (BUDAPEST)
Ad featured on thesamba too:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=733205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course I can assist/help with the transport, viewing anything - just let me know if you have any questions.

Also I'm interested in your oppinion so feel free to post your comments I'm open to listen and consider both positive and negative feedback.

Cheers, Istvan

Hi Istvan

I think the problem is that at 7000 Euros and in Hungary its going to work out quite expensive for someone to get it back to the UK and with the Euro - Pound rate as it stands at the moment its not helping. Buses like this are selling for approx £8500 -£9000 in the UK at the moment on the road and ready to drive.

Its also difficult for people to tell the condition of the bus from one photo on here, I know you've put a link to photobucket but more pictures on here would help, people also want to see the cab floor and load floor, the sills etc so they can get a good idea of the bus before making their mind up whether its for them.

Just an observation and good luck with the sale,

Hi Graham,

Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated and sorry for the late reply too.
You are right it is difficult to judge by pictures - however as I said the bay has recently been restored by a professional. I took some pics this weekend wich show more detail of the critical parts:

VW_T2a_1968_001.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_002.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_003.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_004.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_005.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_007.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_008.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_009.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_010.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_011.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_012.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_013.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_015.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_023.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_024.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_028.jpg

VW_T2a_1968_029.jpg

I'm really open to deal in GBP too I really don't mind.
And as I mentioned above I can help to transport either or both vehicles it's all based on personal negotiation.
So as for GBP prices:
earlybay: 6500 GBP
bug: 3000 GBP
combo: 8500 GBP

I'm open to negotiate :) dare to make me an offer I don't bite. ;)

Graham L said:
Hi Istvan

I think the problem is that at 7000 Euros and in Hungary its going to work out quite expensive for someone to get it back to the UK and with the Euro - Pound rate as it stands at the moment its not helping. Buses like this are selling for approx £8500 -£9000 in the UK at the moment on the road and ready to drive.

Its also difficult for people to tell the condition of the bus from one photo on here, I know you've put a link to photobucket but more pictures on here would help, people also want to see the cab floor and load floor, the sills etc so they can get a good idea of the bus before making their mind up whether its for them.

Just an observation and good luck with the sale,

Bring it over to the UK for the Volksworld show. It should sell when people see it for real.

Latest posts