1968 Devon torvette - Questions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rene p. l.

Reaction score
I've looked at a '68 Devon Torvette today, this is the second time in the last 20 years in Canada that I see one, and the first one I could looked at cause it's for sale.

So it's a RHD, built in August '67 by VW, neptune blue, in pretty nice shape but here is what i've noticed...

- No vent wing front windows
- Steering box, is it a RHD thing only? Have some loose in it. they are still available or rebuildable somewhere?
- I didn't found the pop-top cots and the one that goes over the front seats. Any drawings or measurements available somewhere?
- The pop top tent... something still available?

Cots are essential for me as I have kids...

Most uk buses had fixed front quarter light Windows.

I didn't think Devons had the front cot?

A VW Motent is the original awning, they come up for sale occasionally.

I have a Devon front cot in my Torvette. Consists of two extending poles that insert into factory holes in the pillars with canvas between.

No vented front windows.

Steering boxes are difficult to come by. Might be rebuildable.

Pop top fold out cots come up on eBay quite regularly. You'll need the hook type fittings too to hang them on when opened. Alternatively, can replace with a fold out bed that sits on runners either side of the roof.

For pop top tent, if you mean the vinyl bellows, there are a couple of places here that make replacements.

bmxburner said:
I have a Devon front cot in my Torvette. Consists of two extending poles that insert into factory holes in the pillars with canvas between.

No vented front windows.

Steering boxes are difficult to come by. Might be rebuildable.

Pop top fold out cots come up on eBay quite regularly. You'll need the hook type fittings too to hang them on when opened. Alternatively, can replace with a fold out bed that sits on runners either side of the roof.

For pop top tent, if you mean the vinyl bellows, there are a couple of places here that make replacements.

Is it possible for you to put some photos of the front cot and the pop top fold out cots?

Not for a week or so.

You can see a pic on page 16 of here: http://www.devonmoonraker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bay/1968_Manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's pics of the fold out cots in there too, or just google image search it, there's a few.

Latest posts