• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 Montana red sun roof deluxe OG ratter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratty1959

Reaction score
Hi y'all, welcome to the same of my beloved 68 OG paint beauty, it's with great sadness I write this ad, I brought/ px'd this beast in October last year without giving it my full thought, as I already have a 1959 bug in the garage that never gets used!

Here's a brief description.

1968, low light very early bay window, deluxe Montana red sunroof model, this bus is a testament to the last owners, having been slammed and narrowed properly, tubbed front, notched chassis front and rear, 2" narrowed beam manual air shocks (comfort not dancing). Engine and box raise for more ground clearance.

Talking of the engine, it's running a 1955cc with twin 40 dellortos, sounds and drives amazing. Box is a type 4 longer gearing for motorway cruzing!

This bus has amazing patina, looks as hard as nails and holds it's own on the motor ways! I've been driving aircooled for years and this is the best I've had by far.

Since owning this bus I've installed jail bars rear and sides, coffee sacked the drab panels, stripped the sunroof, and installed new gears, coggs and cleaned and greased the cables!

Good bits.

All the above.

Bad bits.

A couple of the seals will need replacing, and sunroof needs tweaking. That is all!

Serious head turner and people point a lot! Not for the shy/ retiring types.

ONLY REASONS FOR SALE IS I ALREADY HAVE ONE AIRCOOLED THAT NEVER GETS USED AND ONLY 2 GARAGES.

I also have a westy interior, it's not in the best condition but, has the rock and roll bed, and buddy seat been recovered in the Og material, wardrobe, Sink and cupboard unit with spice rack, top rear cupboard. Full all weather cover.

Ready for summer rolling

07814845163. 12.5k

null_zpscc9106e0.jpg

null_zps89469f33.jpg

null_zpse7b4ed02.jpg

null_zps4f6de003.jpg

Latest posts