• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 1600VW Westfalia Camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookie Bear

Reaction score
Reluctantly up for sale is my totally unmolested 1969 LHD Westfalia Camper genuine reason for sale need money for my loft conversion.
1 years MOT
Fully Serviced 1200 miles ago
Taxed until end of April
New Michelin Agelis Van Tyres 1.5 years ago
Imported from San Francisco in 2008 where it had spent all its life and owned by myself since.
Bus has never been welded and had a recon 1600 engine fitted in 2006 which has done less than 15000 miles since. She has never let me down in the 3 years of ownership and has been up and down from Northampton to Devon/Cornwall many times. She also drove down to South West France last year not missing a beat there and back in 90 deg + heat.
Front disc brakes using later beam and wheel converters to keep wide 5 pattern
Rear heated screen which was an optional extra that year.
New premium roof Canvas from Karmann Connection 2 years ago
Window rubbers replaced all round apart from front doors
1 x 3 point harness seatbelt and 2 x lap belts on rear seat.
Very hard to come by original Continental double roof bed which will sleep two children or one adult. Also still have the original single roof bunk. We slept 5 in this van comfortably many times 2 adults 3 x children between 7 & 10
Original front cab bunk
Leisure battery in engine bay with split charge relay system with separate circuit for fridge radio, internal lights and all internal 12V socketsrun off of this .
Original 110 voltage socket on side has been rewired with MCB inside, I have the 110 adapter on an electric hook up cable to fit standard UK/Euro campsite sockets.
Still have original tap and water container, fly nets for Louvre windows and rear door.
Also included is a 2 year old Kyham Motordome sleeper drive away awning in blue with extra Kyham Annexe attachment which adds an extra 3m x 2m of space.
http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still have original service manual which has some great history on it, bus was used for six months around Europe in 69 with service stamps from Amsterdam to Rome and then in 70 servicing changes to San Francisco. I was told this makes it a vacation model which can be confirmed by deciphering the M plate which I have never done.
Bus has tyre mounted on the front at the moment due to needing the space inside for France last year but comes with original front badge.
She is all ready to go camping with for the summer.
She is located in Northampton
£10995
Lots of pics here including underneath
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/pontinst/Van%20Pics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And here is a selection
IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

GhostofPearl.jpg

DSCF4825.jpg

7335_167263582202_712917202_3353052_4998573_n.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

P9200096.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

DSCF5084.jpg

woolli.jpg

devon011.jpg

devon012.jpg

thats lovely........makes me wanna sell mine and get that, should sell no probs, good luck 8)

Evenstar3019 said:
Very Nice, whats the deal with the back of the buddy seat?

Are they drawers? Nice addition, can't have to much storage!

All the best with the sale
They were in it when got it and have been very usefull.
Top one is a cuttery draw middle one stores bowls and glasses. Ill take a pic with them open tomorrow and stick it up.

Hi - Were really keen to come and look at your camper - Are you around this weekend?
Jo

digger1jcb said:
Hi - Were really keen to come and look at your camper - Are you around this weekend?
Jo

Hi There

Yes will be here all weekend so you can view anytime

Ill PM you my Phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts