1969 Funky Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ib-bus

Reaction score
Well .... I just bought this :shock: :lol:

1969 Funky Bus , it's coming from Oregon.
It runs but has a dent on the left front side , they tell me it has 64k original miles but I would have to see it to believe it.
I am not sure what they were thinking with the paint job but it sure is different.

Getting that dent out while keeping the paint intact looks like a challenge. Must be a perfect music festival bus or (like the cult running PO) transporting kids and selling big guns. 68k miles? Be careful what else he tells you and you believe....

Bluesnailman said:
Getting that dent out while keeping the paint intact looks like a challenge. Must be a perfect music festival bus or (like the cult running PO) transporting kids and selling big guns. 68k miles? Be careful what else he tells you and you believe....

I won't be able to get any history on the bus since I bought it thru an insurance auction but you are right , it looks like a music festival bus.

About the miles , I'm sure it is a listing error , but hey one can only dream.

I am going to push the dent out a bit , replace the bumpers and pass it on to the next owner , they will have to decide what to do with the paint , either hire a stoned hippie to try and match it or respray it in that cool Chianti Red it once was.

This bus will be at Busfest this year, I had plans to ship a tiptop Westy I been working on but it will not be ready on time.

BoggyB said:
That paint job is incredible.

sparkywig said:
That'll be so ace at Busfest. :D

Thanks guys , the cargo area is empty but I will try to get at least one of the back seats.
There are 4 of us traveling from California so I need more than 2 seats.
Dent doesn't look that bad , I will take more pictures once it arrives at my place in about a week or so.

creationblue said:
Very funky indeed 8)

:mrgreen:

marmite monster said:
slam it on some cool wheels ..done

I like that 8)

It has arrived from Northern California to San Diego , still at the transport yard but this tuesday it's moved to my house.
I will post pictures right away.
Clean and freshen up will begin immediately :D

see what you mean about the paint its well crazy . looks like finger painting.
got be a good contender to rub it down to original paint underneath.
looks solid good luck !

marmite monster said:
got be a good contender to rub it down to original paint underneath.
looks solid good luck !

Not a bad idea 8)

Out with the bad front bumper and in comes a solid straight one from my other project.

Dent is not too bad , I should be able to push most of it out.

Straight and solid bumper now installed.
Looks much better.

URL=http://s65.photobucket.com/user/juanjvaladez/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsoq16eb5f.jpeg.html]
image_zpsoq16eb5f.jpeg
[/URL]

This bus will be available for sale at Busfest

Got my hands on this hydraulic tool and was able to push most of the dent out.
Still have to do a bit more with the tool but for the lower area I will give the old deflated football trick a go.

Bus is now road legal and on my name , I am on my way to have the front dent worked on and some minor rear corner rust issues like the battery tray taken care of.
I found a rear seat , bought new cargo mat , new panels for behind the seats.
They will drop the engine to get it ready for the trip and in the meantime they will paint the engine compartment so it looks all clean and tidy.
They will also clean and paint the front cab and rear cargo floors.

I gave my sister some ideas to make me a funky front tire cover just yesterday , something like this but in the color scheme of the bus:

And today she already has this much done :shock:

I'm in shock of not only her skills but that for once she actually listened to me :lol:

Negotiated this full size rack HWE reproduction locally.

It was delivered yesterday in this nice split bus.

And now resting on my other project until the Funky bus returns from the mechanic.
They are working on having the engine ready for the trip and a rebuilt transmission will be installed to avoid any issues.

Rack is rusty , surface rust only but very solid.
It is used and it is a reproduction HWE style rack , comes with all 8 brackets.
I only need it to load all the trinkets I will ship from the States but It will be up for sale at Busfest.

Latest posts