• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 microbus/camper for sale PICS ADDED

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
My 1969, originally a microbus, now with camping interior is now up for sale due to hardly being used.

Originally imported from Florida approx 3-4 years ago, i have all the paperwork. This is a very, very solid bus with all bar 1 of its original panels intact. Only the battery tray has been replaced by a previous owner with a flat plate which is rock solid or I would have had it changed when i had it resprayed.

It was resprayed in February 2009 in its original colours (montana red with a white roof) It was garaged by the previous owner and has always been garaged by me.

It now has a 3/4 rock n roll bed with cupboards down one side. I fully painted out the inner panels (with rustoleum) before sound deadening and insulating (using foil bubble wrap insulation) and the complete inner floor was treated to the same paint.

All door cards have been recovered in black vynil, the rear seat and bed is all new 5" foam with grey cloth coverings. The front seats are "original looking" leather looking covers in near mint condition with no tears. It is a walkthrough model.

The underside is solid with four small welds. One i have no idea why is there as there is no rot on the other side?
Another two are in the wheel arches, one on each side. The one i had done is under the middle seat mounting point, the rot was cut out and new metal welded in, the weld was not ground in as i didn't want any grind spatter being blown onto bodywork.

It was fully cavity waxed and undershultzed by me in May 2010. All tyres have excellent tread on them. They are white walls on stock steels. It is stock height. It has bumper over-riders front and rear. Black ally pressed number plates.

The mech stuff:

1600 single port, poss original?, it pulls like a train with excellent mpg, it doesn't smoke, i only topped the oil up once when we were in Cornwall last year.
Single quiet pack exhaust new last year.
It has an external oil cooler and external oil filter.
I have fitted correctly jetted Weber 34 icts operated by a CSP bell crank linkage, awesome piece of kit.
I have fitted a short shift plate to the gearstick, no soup stirring in the front of this van! :)
All break shoes and drums are in excellent condition with lots of life in them.
I fitted a 55 amp alternator conversion to it.
The electrics all work as they should, indicators self cancel, wipers have two speeds etc. There is an LG cd headunit in the dash which works as new.

Mot'd until 31/03/2011
Tax exempt so no giving extra reddies to the tax man :D

Priced at £10,500 o.n.o this is an excellent bus for a reasonable price. If i used it i would keep it.

This is an excellent condition bus not some neglected / bodged dangerous bag of crap that is quite often seen around ;)

Bad points:
There are three? splits in the dash ridge rubber, usuall places.
A previous owner has screwed cup holders into the dash so there are 6 small screw holes in it. These have been filled with black silicone but can be seen.
It has a laquer chip above the back hatch approx 80mm long by 5mm wide. This was done as the persons who sprayed the bus misaligned the hatch and when opened it caught.
There are a couple of small splits in the roof lining but nothing major and nothing hanging down.

The hinge covers have been ordered and should be fitted this week. There is a cover for the spare wheel, i just forgot to put it on :roll:

Right, enough waffle, i'll post pics this weekend. PM me for any further info.

Sorry about the quality of the pics.

DSCF4750.jpg

DSCF4748.jpg

DSCF4747.jpg

DSCF4746.jpg

DSCF4751.jpg

DSCF4752.jpg

DSCF4755.jpg

DSCF4757.jpg

A more realistic price of £10,000 ono as i want it gone.

took the van to camperjam today, a great show wish we'd camped there for the weekend but work wouldn't allow.

Anyway a 300 mile faultless round trip.
21 litres of fuel each way, giving a total of 33 mpg :D
A bargain of a van.

I'm also including with the van our JK driveaway spacemaker awning which we bought last year. It's only been used 4 times and is as new.

Frisco69 said:
Very nice van. Surprised it's not sold already!!!!!

Thanks. It is a very nice van. If i used it i would keep it. I think i've missed the peak sales part of the year. If it doesn't sell it stays in the garage until next year i guess.

This van is now sold to the first person who viewed it. :mrgreen:

Latest posts