1969 Westy - Hank the Yank

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1969hank

Reaction score
So i have finally managed to figure out how to post photos on here, so thought i would introduce Hank to you all.

He was imported from the USA in 2010 in a solid but tired state. I was told of a guy up in north notts who took Hank in for me, completely stripped him down, engine and all. Removed around 13 years of sand and oil combo and rebuilt, got him through his first MOT and handed him back to me. A new pop top canvas and seal was fitted and he was booked in for a respray. He came out shiny and resplendent in his original montana red, new seals, basically looking the dogs! Over the course of the next two years we have had an alternator conversion carried out, a replacement TES refurb 1600 engine (the arse fell out of the original engine the day before we were scheduled to go to Devon, we still had a great time in the awning only though :D ). He has been mildly lowered, cool but still practical in my opinion. We now turn our attention to the interior, the westy interior looking tired and battered upon arrival has had nothing more than the carcus of some poor little creature cleared out and a good dusting and polish. I'm planning on keeping a little photo thread on here of the work on him going forward and the good times we plan to have with him. So here are the photos of import to now.....
IMG_3126_zpssqrovrcx.jpg

IMG_3124_zpsdm2aukza.jpg

IMG_3125_zpssmmtsk7v.jpg

IMG_3128_zps4tfqpcdl.jpg

IMG_3130_zpsaxlin40y.jpg

IMG_3131_zpsxon4usg0.jpg

IMG_3132_zpsvb0w4e3z.jpg

IMG_3133_zps9820segn.jpg

IMG_3134_zpsbtqpfjmh.jpg

IMG_3127_zps9pex14mg.jpg

IMG_3129_zpsakpiswmj.jpg

IMG_3136_zps0lmtzxkx.jpg