• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 CALI WESTFALIA 1776cc rednine. SOLD thanks for looking

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
hear for sale is my 1970 WESTFALIA

first trip out

ive owned the bus about 3 years now

the bus was bought over from california 4 years ago by its first uk owner.i purchased the bus from them after they had owned it a year .the plan was to run the bus as it was in original paint and totaly standard.i kept it a few months like this but couldent live with the imperfections.so it was of to the body shop for a once over.the panels were striped to bare metal one at a time etch primed and prepped for paint.every panel was original and mostly immaculate with not even surface rust.the rear corners were dented so were pulled out and repaired.also the front panel had had a previous repair so this was repaired to a very high standard using a shofields full front panel.the only area that needed attention for rust was the battery trays,they were slightly holed so the trays were removed and replaced.the van was striped to a bare shell and painted inside and out with the best paint money could buy and then laquerd to keep it from fading.

sound deadening was added anywhere it could be

while in bits the dash was colour coded

the rear bumper was badly bent, after a 2 year hunt i found a new old stock bumper had it shot blasted and painted.

every rubber seal was replaced with the best stuff i could find also the chrome trim isnt the plastic rubbish its the real deal

the panel gaps are perfect on the bus .the best ive seen

new westy roof canvas and all new seals

electric washer pump fitted to the original bottle so looks standard but actually works

new windscreen and wiper blades

new genuine vw sliding window has replaced the Westfalia louver window (louver window sold with the bus if you want it free of charge)

all the sidelight and indicator lenses are new as are the mirrors.(German quality)

THE WESTY ROOF BED IS NOT FITTED BUT IS INCLUDED IN THE SALE(i can fit this if you want it in)

new interior trims were specially made front and rear

also the carpets match from the cab thru to the rear and are all new

new front seat belts

2 X 12v sockets one in glove box and one on the rear buddy seat.

interior is the standard westfalia interior with the rock and roll bed wardrobe,buddy seat.the sink unit has been modified to house a hob as i found a cooker was needed more than a sink.

new blackout curtains and tie backs fitted in the rear with matching cushions and a blue bird custom front cover for the cab will be included

new started motor fitted by previous owner

new alternator fitted less than 200 miles ago

the roof rack bars were shot blasted and powder coated silver

new tyres all round.new hubcaps.

all nuts and bolts replaced with stainless

1 key fits every lock

the standard front suspension was replaced with the red nine design front end, which does away with the drum brakes poor steering boxes and torsion bars and replaces it with coil overs and a modern steering rack and disk brakes.

this is fully adjustable and can be set up to your liking from standard high to dragging on the floor.and makes the van drive more like a modern car

the standard 1600cc 50hp engine was replaced with a meaty 1776cc 100 bhp+ .spec below

SSP counter weighted crank
Lightened flywheel
Equaliser pulley
Complete bottom end balanced by John Maher
Engle 110
Forged Mahle Pistons less than 200 miles old
Heads machined by stateside tuning to give 9:1 compression standard valves
Twin 40 Dellorto carbs less than 200 miles old
Gene Berg linkage
Jaycee Push rod tubes
Bolt up rockers
Full flow CB pump cover and HP 1 filter
Vintage Speed exhaust (take a look on the net these are a thing of buety)
Rolling road tuned by Peter Burgess (he was impressed 104 HP at flywheel)
Fantastic and very reliable motor pulls very well

ive probably missed out loads of info.please if you are a genuine buyer come and have a look.i have more pictures i can show of the resto.

the bus is located in lincoln and i have a well lit workshop so night viewings are fine.

the mot runs out in april but i will put a full year on the bus for the buyer.

i would say since the new paint its done less than 200 miles due to time and family comitments im just not using the bus like i should.the last 3 years its spent its life in a heated workshop.

if your looking for a usable camper that isent going to need any work that you can jump in and go then i think this is the bus.

for more info please call 01522536999 and il answer any questions you have

cash on collection or cleared funds before collection only

£18500

It may be my eyes but i cant see a price mate , May help prospective buyers 8)

Latest posts