• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 LHD Camper tin top £8000

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterpiper

Reaction score
Putting Roland up for sale, he is a 1970 tax exempt camper with lots of work done since it was imported in 2008 from Sweden but may have spent some of his early years in Austria. With recon engine and gear box, new clutch, lowered rear and at front with adjusters, new ball joints, now with standard wheels and tyres, new brakes all round with new fluid, new headlights, replaced inner and outer driver side sills and jacking points, waxoiled underneath and reciepts from previous owners.It now comes with a 3/4 bed and sink and cooker units but not conected up . Will also leave on one of the roof racks. Mot May 4th 2013 and taxed to end of April 2013.
Looking for £8000. There are other busses you could look at and spend a fortune on just to bring it up to the quality of Roland, just re read what has been done to him mechanically.
For viewing at B75 6HZ close to M6 toll or M42 contact Peter 07958 024988.
A very good honest bus for the money, on the road ,no major rust issues just look at the pictures, if you wanted to do up and respray you could revalue at £ 12-15000 like some of the others are asking.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-VOLKSWAGEN-EARLY-BAY-RAT-LOOK-CAMPER-VAN-T2-TAX-FREE-/140867765453?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20cc5f84cd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kingsbury015.jpg

kingsbury008.jpg

kingsbury007.jpg

kingsbury018.jpg

roland002.jpg

roland004.jpg

roland006.jpg

roland008.jpg

roland009.jpg

roland011.jpg

roland012.jpg

roland014.jpg

roland010.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

Hi,
Im not in the market for a bus atm, as Ive only recently bought one, but could you tell me where you got your roofracks from?
Also, that bed support, is it part of your fold out bed or seperate.
I have a problem on mine because the front end is not supported , it just "hangs" so im always having to yell at the kids no to put weight on that front end. Which of course is the natural place to sit when the bed is out. :(
Just wondered if its something i can sort out.

Redbus said:
Hi,
Im not in the market for a bus atm, as Ive only recently bought one, but could you tell me where you got your roofracks from?
Also, that bed support, is it part of your fold out bed or seperate.
I have a problem on mine because the front end is not supported , it just "hangs" so im always having to yell at the kids no to put weight on that front end. Which of course is the natural place to sit when the bed is out. :(
Just wondered if its something i can sort out.

The bed is supported by legs which screw in to plates fitted underneath which are similar to the Devon table legs. The roof racks were on I when I bought the van but I now only have the rear rack on.

Beigebay1968 said:
Hi there just read your post... Do you want to sell your front roof rack? Cheers Jamie

Sorry but thats the one that is no longer on the van, a friend was in need so I let him have it.

Latest posts