• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 RHD Devon 51,000 miles, 3/4 owners SOLD SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BO JANGLES

Reaction score
I'm advertising this for a friend of mine & only wish I could buy it myself !
It was bought from a dealer in Bath in 1970 as a UK RHD panel van, the dealer sticker is still in the back window, although sun burnt on the outside you can still read it from the inside. The couple retired & moved down to Sidmouth, the home of the Devon factory & in 1981, they had Devon convert it into a camper for them. They chose to use the the most upto date Devon roof & interior, a Late Bay Devon Moonraker set up, as of course by '81 the T25 was in full swing & the Moonraker being one of the last bay conversions.
The benefit of the roof above any earlier Devon one, is that it has a factory double bed up there & if you look at the pictures its absolutely mint in its upholstery & canvas, with just a tint bit of spotting on the carpet lining the fibreglass section, witch could probably be steam cleaned ?
Moving downstairs !! The kitchen area has a fridge, cooker & plenty of cupboard space, it table is still housed in it original slot at the back when not in use & slots into the floor when needed. You'll see it has its buddy seat facing backwards & also the often lost extra clip on buddy seat is still there allowing 4 people to all dine in comfort. There's just a tiny bit of wear on the front of the main back seat, but otherwise all original upholstery & curtains. Obviously the rear seat has a rock'n'roll movement to convert into the second double bed.
When the old gent passed away the bus was transferred to his wife's name & then when she passed away the 3rd/2nd owner bought it in a house clearance sale, in 2003, with the mileage indicating approximately 22,000 miles ! This gent used it very rarely & in 2005, my friend bought from him with approximately 23,000 miles on the clock.
It came with tax discs from 1985 all showing the bus stayed in or very close to Sidmouth & my friend also lived there , until he moved to North Devon a few years later, where he still lives. It also came with MOT's back to 1991, recording minimal mileage right through to its current mileage of just approximately 51,000 miles, which we honestly believe is a genuine 51,000 miles from new. This can't be proved categorically , but I've driven it & the tightness of everything (gear change , steering, switch gear etc is better than any bus I've ever driven. If you look at the paint work under the dash , its mint ,, as is the dash etc.
Its just gone through its mot last week, with only a couple of minors that needed sorting out & has had virtually no welding underneath in its lifetime.
As you can see from the outside , there are now areas that need attention on the outside, but everything is clear to see with no hidden surprises. I would say it needs a new sliding door, which I would get one from the fella on here advertising reskinned ones for £600. It comes with with two good used front doors that need a tiny amount of work to the bottoms, but otherwise very good, you can see the rear corners, front panel, short near side, rear hatch etc are all good, the other panels need a little work here & there. It also comes with other spares.
In short the is a very honest, genuine, British RHD bus with a great history, only really 3 owners from new (4 showing on log book ) with we believe very low mileage, that's just waiting for someone to bring back upto scratch, or I can offer restoration if required.
email me if you're interested at [email protected] , SORRY SOLD.

Latest posts