• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 riviera for sale/px

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aradoman

Reaction score
HI,

i know i will regret this everyday for my whole life but i have my 'sensible head' on a really dont think i can justify keeping my camper. i havnt actually managed to go camping in it and now i work for the NHS i am working shifts and dont think ill see a weekend off ever again! (plus i owe my parents £££ for loans etc )

its a 1970 riviera conversion, imported from usa last year i beleive by theolddubshop, i bought this june this year after last bay was written off

tax exempy with 11 months left, MOT till march 2009

since i have owned it ive had the bench and buddy seats retrimmed, the pop top bed retrimmed and new lino floor. put in new kick panels and cab carpet. all the interior needs is some curtains!

the bodywork is 99% rust free i beleive, the only 'rust' i am aware of is one battery tray (the other one is dry and solid) and a tiny 'slit' of rust on the cab floor (where wet shoes etc have left its mark over the years) also the riviera windows have leaked at some point as there are a few small holes on the INSIDE skin on the sliding door and opposite window. it would not cost much to get the few small rust issues sorted and this is a really solid van which is why i bought it in the first place!

the van has been lowered and is really nice patina in OG paint.

engine is 1.6 recon engine that was in a beetle cabrio before the bus (was clive at theolddubshops beetle) and is really good engine, had new clutch and heat exchangers work a treat!

i think there is a small hole somewhere in the exhaust as it backfires/afterfires a bit when cold - but i can get this welded etc if youd like before a sale as i was planning to fix anyway
not sure what else i can say so please ask q's but like i say i am working all over the show shifts so may take me a day to reply etc.

looking for what i paid for it in cash, i think its fair considering ive spent 100's on tarting it up etc

so £7300 or i will consider a px with a nice bug or something, i dont think i can live without some kind of aircooled! located in south hampshire...

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

Saw this at Clives 8) love the bus and really solid. Shame you are selling dood, there is not many in this good condition. :mrgreen:

Clive is getting the bug for big engined stuff since his joining to The Old Volks Club :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.