• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 cali Import deluxe slider/ westfalia project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon Hall

Reaction score
Had this sat in the workshop for over a year now, i bought it from my Buddy at Grumpys Metal in Cali who had it at the back of his shop for about 5 years, i sold it, was doing it for the new owner but circumstances changed and now its mine again and needs to go as i just dont have any time or space to finish it, a good buddy of mine wanted to buy it but just cant raise the £ to work with my time frame, It has had a new front panel fitted as old one had been fitted with a wheel carrier that had dented and just over stressed the steel to much to work with it, some minor repairs done as usually found when taking a bus back to bare metal, its a stripped rolling shell that is about a weeks worth of work away from going to the paint shop, the customer wanted to fit a westfalia roof as the deluxe shell is exactly the same as the westfalia, so it comes with a nice original roof and luggage section, a brand new orange German canvas bought from the late Rolf deKam, new front screen, brand new steel wheels and tires, various new window rubbers etc, its basically a solid bus thats had about 100 hours or work done to it, media blasted rear gate, engine lid and rear valance, i have a brand new turnkey 1600cc built by Vintage Speedsters in California that will go with it for the full asking price, pictures to follow, but do the sums and you will see what a good deal it is for someone that has the basic skills to finish
£6000.00
Any questions please phone 07540055609
located in newton abbot devon, delivery can easily be arranged,
Simon

found a pic of when it got here
IMG_0647.jpg

front panel
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/simonhall1969/IMG_0961.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had a couple pm's regarding what's needed to get on the road, this needs to be viewed as a full project but one that the end can be seen with relative ease, mechanically as its not been on the road for over 7 years so just go though it, the engine apart from the carb is all new, brand new case, heads, pistons, the works, new clutch etc, gearbox is unknown, i would prefer the potential buyer to come and view, i can take photos but at the moment its sat in a workshop bay on a non op 4 poster ramp that i need to get earning its keep, i am stacked with work on the T5 side of things or i would do it, there is easy ££ to be made here if thats what you want to do, its like buying a house, you can go through it quickly on a budget and sell it straight on to hope to make a quick ££ or you spend that extra time making it yours, going that extra mile as you intend to keep it, i would have liked to have put a NOS front panel on there but the then customer did not have the budget, i am also not able to do the work on it for the next owner, if i could i would do it for myself as we all know what a fully restored one goes for. So its here, its cheap enough with whats going with it and i want it moved asap as im of to the Sema show on the 24th and have a T5 due back from paint to be reassembled where its currently sitting. Here is a pic i have taken just now.
IMG_0431.jpg

Latest posts