• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Danbury tin top for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Hi, I have for sale my 1971 Danbury camper-van due to having a baby and loosing the garage it's stored in. I've owned the van for 3 years and in the past it has had all major body panels replaced some via the previous owner (of 10 years who travelled all over Europe in it) and some whilst I've owned it. It has been finished in grey primer awaiting a full respray which I haven't got around to having done. Last year just before the mot was due to run out it was dry stored whilst I travelled abroad and has remained there until now. The engine has been fully rebuilt by a vw air-cooled mechanic friend and runs a treat, it is a 1776cc with original Italian weber 40idf carb and pertronix svda ignitor distributor. It passed it's mot the last time only needing a steering bush part and a headlight bulb! So I expect it to fly through it's mot this time around having done virtually no mileage since being stored. I'm so confident it will pass I'm willing to throw in 12months mot if my asking price is offered. If you would like to make me a sensible bid and mot the bus yourselves please make it sensible to avoid disappointment (I'm a vw enthusiast and know how much this bus is worth once it's been painted etc). The interior is very basic with a brand new full width rock n roll bed and a double door cabinet with worktop. I fitted Porsche 914 half leather seats which are in good condition apart from the fabric in the centres being a little ripped where they meet the leather. It also has a brand new set of vw heritage 15" Fuchs polished alloys with brand new tyres that have never been on the road which cost me £600! I also have the original wheels with very good tyres which will be included in the sale. Please come and view have a good look around you won't be disappointed. It is a very solid and honest bus any questions please get in touch.
http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/uppo20/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts