1971 Danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wannabay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello,
my first bay and an early one at that
very original
P3250042-1.jpg

Hello mate and welcome, that is an ace looking van you have there! keep them piccies coming! love the colour 8)

Welcome & v.nice 8)
Stop teasing and get some more pics on here :D

Seen this when it was for sale on Volkszone, it rearly looks a cracker 8)
Glad you got it !!

thanks for all the comments guys
had probs uploading to photobucket, but here's a few more pics
have the original sales invoice from 1971, cost £1,362.05!
and am the lucky 3rd registered owner.......in 36 years!
roll on summer
P3030007.jpg

P3030001.jpg

P3030015.jpg

P3030013.jpg

P3030004.jpg

looking at the pics, I've just noticed that the 2 front seats have a different 'weave'
drivers seat has horizontal indents
passenger seat has vertical indents
so which one is original?
any ideas?

think I agree having done some spring cleaning today
drivers seat colour matches door cards = cream
whereas passenger seat is more beige
another item to add to the 'shopping' list
:)

I was in Mayflower in Brixton recently and saw a bus looking a bit like this - any relation????

Lovely bus! :)

There are not many Danburys now that still have the original seat cushion material and original vinyl floor like yours! :) Lovely lovely lovely! 8)

olance - not mine but I have seen an early devon with similar 2 tone colours around

danbury dan - thought the cushion material was original but didn't expect the vinyl to be! The interior is so quirky and heath robinson - can't wait to try out camping in it :D

Wannabay said:
danbury dan - thought the cushion material was original but didn't expect the vinyl to be! The interior is so quirky and heath robinson - can't wait to try out camping in it :D

Yep, everything is original that I can see, the curtains too! I expect yours still has the original bit of carpet on the engine deck, a sort of mottled grey/black colour. :)

Part of the fun will be arranging the boards and cushions to form the bed! :lol:

Doug

took her down to IoW at w/e, parked up at Osbourne House - Queen Victoria's summer residence - came back to find 3 Lotus 7s 'courting' her - particularly like the one on the right with the brolly!
P4140023.jpg

Latest posts