1971 Danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should also report that we camped out in her on the Sat night and it was surprisingly comfortable sleeping on the 36 yr old cushions!
P4150032.jpg

super straight van! congrats wannabay, 1bay2nv!
the colour scheme brings back childhood memories. combo was runner up on my fav list when i made mine.

Glad that the camping - and more importantly the sleeping - went OK
Well done :D

8)

Wow what a lovely looking bus, wish mine was that good. Cracking colour, the interior looks good, I wanted to get rid of the flowery cushion covers but the missus says she like them so I guess I'll keep them a while longer. Cracking bus dude.

All the best

Chris 8)

just to say the van sailed thro' its MOT today
so it's good for another year of shows, festivals and trips
gonna have some sliding middle windows and front opening quarterlights fitted but keeping everything original, BRMs apart!
here's a couple of pics from our Irish trip last summer
P8230042.jpg

P8190101.jpg

:D

Wannabay said:
I'm also getting one of Slim Adi's full length roof racks so we can chuck a couple of canoes on top as well

Just get yourself a bug - plenty of room for a canoe up top....

beetlecanoe1.jpg

Nice piccies. The pic of your bus at the ferry port reminds me of a slide my dad has of our then brand new Danbury waiting at the ferry port with a big old Townsend Thoresen car ferry in the background, waiting to take us to France for our first camping holiday. :D

Latest posts