1971 Devon Moonraker - My first VW Camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iknowdavehouse

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first few days of being bay owner after many years of wanting one...so far I have driven down the motorway with no lights and the wing mirrors hanging down in the wrong direction. Couldn't find reverse for the first few hours and the windows don't open, I understand this is is VW life... :lol: Most of these things sorted now and absolutely loving it...and I finally found reverse. Here she is...

17596201_277944305964173_798007985908482048_n.jpg

Nice bus. It's a steep learning curve [emoji106] worth it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first bus was a yellow and white Devon Moonraker, happy memories.

Well I spent about 4 hours today with some yellow T-cut...got out lots of the stains / rust drips / general crap. There's still a fair few areas that need attention but it's starting to look better and better by the day!

C8VJrQ7XkAI21A6.jpg:large

17586574_276275016146534_5696681210793689088_n.jpg

I'm now thinking the sticker on the dash is a red herring and this is a Devon Caravette? All of the Moonraker examples I can see online are full length pop tops that fold out at an angle, this is about 2/3rds and pops up.I can't seem to find a good resource for Devon variants online though...

Lets see some internal pictures of yours?? ;) ;)

Mines a Devon Moonraker '72 so have a look on my thread to see if that helps :D

Also have a look at this link...

http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk/spooky/devon/cover.html

Send us some pictures as mine is a Moonraker too, with original (ish) interior. Easy to tell the difference.

Nice, thanks so much. I'd assumed the Moonraker vs Caravette would have been down to the style of pop top rather than the interior layout...I don't think any of my interior set up is original, only the pop top / dual hammocks. The rest of it looks like it's been hand made / moved around. I'd like to swap it out when I find some appropriate bits!

My Devon Moonraker interior, it does attract the hot babe or to....!! LoL :lol: :lol: :shock: 8) 8) 8)

Mine's a '71 Moonraker, but the previous owner put a slightly later replacement canvas on it. So... the canvas won't always tell you!

Latest posts