• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Early Bay, golf engined mild custom camper - sold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beetleseb

Reaction score
Due to having to many projects we are putting our fantastic 71 bay up for sale

We have spent thousands on this and love this van but we also have a split bug, a pickup and soon to arrive another camper so somethings got to give

All the welding on this van has been done by Jim at Cotsweld so its 100% solid and good. About 4 years ago she had a complete front clip with wheelarches, all the sills, outriggers, top hats and floors, rear inner arches and outer arches, cab floor etc etc etc. The quality of jims work is truely amazing and this is a very solid car.

The paint was done at spraysmart (them off the telly) and although is not show standard it is very good and looks really smart. The bottom half has a slight pearlescent/metallic in it and really glows in the sun.

It runs later brakes and 17" Mercedes alloys, Audi TT leather seats and has been lowered about 4". The beam was done at the Vanshack and this van drives fantastically. She recently had a reconditioned steering box and steering arms etc. Its just had a new clutch and will be serviced before it goes

The interior is all maple veneer with blue and cream leather door panels. It has a rock and roll bed along with a 15" LCD, DVD, PS2 so you can snuggle up and watch movies using the leisure battery!

Best of all she is running a 2ltr Golf GTI engine so will happily cruise at 80/85 and will easily do over the ton. Infact she goes fast enough to brake the speedo. The rad is underneath keeps it all very cool, only needs the fan in traffic. This engine is very fast and very reliable. We have been to Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Germany, France and all over the UK and it never misses a beat. (well once when the clutch went!) A stock engine could be refitted if you ever wanted too.

We are looking for around £9300 but are open to offers, I will do more piccys for a couple of weeks but if you want to have a good look and drive then just let us know

Cheers

Seb - 07818 410541

GetAttachmentCAOGUHEZ.jpg

Weddingbus.JPG

BusFront2.JPG

BusBack.JPG

PICT0187.jpg

PICT1502.jpg

gorgeous Tuck and Roll leather door panels

PICT1503.jpg

austin steering wheel, I'll try to get a horn push before I sell her as they are only £10 or so!

PICT1504.jpg

PICT1505.jpg

PICT1508.jpg

Hand made Maple veneered units :) A cooker also fits in here if you want, we always cook outside.

PICT1509.jpg

Sexy Custom Retro Dash :cool:

did you do the engine conversion yourselves,have a bay with 1641 but want to go a little faster!!!.

cheers murf.

Hi

I did indeed and its not too hard. Its a fun way to go quickly.

Try VWKD for info and if you want to go the golf 2e gti route then give me a shout and I'll talk you through it

If you go scooby use RJES he isn't cheap but is by far the best and you'll be better off in the long run. The owner Rich is also a top bloke

Where abouts are you? could be worth a visit b4 I sell!

Cheers

Seb

hi seb

im in the same boat as murf, i recently got my first van with a 1641 engine and wanna swap it for a more modern engine.

just wondered wether i could take you up on your offer to come and have a look and a chat about how you done the conversion???

i only live in hereford so not far away at all!

cheers

Rob

Yes your welcome to pop over, I have some buyers coming sunday and have turned it into a bit of a free for all/open day so if you want to see the conversion sunday is best. I am away with work after that until the auction ends.

The conversion is not very hard and well worth doing

Best to call today or sunday am and I'll give you the postcode / detail etc etc

Do you ever see a pale blue 59 bug around or a red 72 bay? my bro lives up your way.

Seb

Sunday would be good for me to. Pm sent.

I have seen a red bay around but nt the bug. :)

Can't believe you sold this bus dude but sure the decision wasn't made lightly .. I have to say always loved this bus someone got them a nice ride with the right engine 8)

Where has the bus gone to live now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts