• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Sunroof Deluxe Custom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71deluxe

Reaction score
This bus is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-Sunroof-Deluxe-VW-Volkswagen-BUS-Transporter-/280899452100?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4166e97cc4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a "BUY IT NOW" price for $9500 US.

1971 VW Baywindow Sunroof Deluxe

I am the 3rd owner of this wonderful bus which has never been owned outside of Oklahoma. This bus will come with many documents from the original owners maintenance history as well as owners manuals. When I purchased the bus it had not been on the road for several years. This is a very nice bus that gets a lot of attention.

Interior:

OG Interior (Headliner, middle and rear seat all in good original condition)

Front seats have been recovered with TMI covers and new horsehair pads.

Sunroof is fully functional.

New seat belts for the middle seat and new retractable belts for the front.

All gauges work (Fuel and speedo are a little off, but are functional)

All lights, blinkers and horn work

Push button start

Dash is in good condition

All door panels and side panels in good condition and all original

Front Kick panels have been replaced

New Jailbars for rear windows

Many extra interior pieces are also available

All windows and doors are in good operating order

Exterior:

Paint is in good condition (White on top is Original, green is a re-spray before I purchased)

The bus does have some rust, but nothing structural. Like most of this age, it has some rust in the rear rockers/wheel wells and a spot under the drivers foot. There is also a dent on the passenger side rear corner. (Pictures provided) With the exception of these issues the bus, is very solid.

All deluxe trim is original and in good condtion

Bumpers are original and in good condition

One Set of new 14" tires and wheels (Original style wide five steel wheels with chrome center caps) One set of new 15” tires and one sets of 15” wheels (polished 5 spokes)

All glass is original except for windshield

Mechanical:

Original 1600 engine runs well. Motor has been professionally gone through and all worn, broken or cracked items were replaced or rebuilt.

Transmission is a 4 speed manual. It shifts well into all gears and does not pop out. The clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing have been replaced.

Brakes are all new Front and Rear (Master Cylinder, hard and soft brake lines, wheel cylinders, brake pads and Hardware, drums have been turned).

Fuel lines have been replaced.

This bus drives stops and steers great.

Suspension:

Front – Bus has been converted to an early link pin beam. Beam has been narrowed 4 in, and is adjustable. Spindles have been flipped and the beam was rebuilt with all new components. Beam is only slightly adjusted. This bus can go much lower and can also be raised more. But, this bus sits at a very drivable height. The front frame also has a small c-notch for added suspension travel.

Rear – The rear has been lowered with widfive.net U-plates.

Odometer reads 34,105. I assume that its actually 134,105.

I can provide pictures of anything you would like to see. I also have pictures of the bus before and during the build.

I am willing to ship worldwide. I do not take paypal, but I will take Cash in Person or a bank transfer whichever you prefer.Buyer to arrange pick up or shipping.

$500 non-refundable deposit due with certified funds within 48 hours after bidding is closed. The balance is due with certified funds within 7 days of auction end date.

The "STOP" light on the bumper, Steering wheel knob and "Oil Capital" license plate in back windw are not part of the sale.

photo-3.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

IMG00207-20110928-2004.jpg

Latest posts