• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971, Tin Top, Devonette, 1776cc. £6500ono RELISTED ON EBAY

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingeraak

Reaction score
Relisted on eBay, running until Sunday 8pm

I don't normally like making my first post in a new forum a for sale post, but I'm selling this Early Bay on behalf of my Auntie, so needs must.

It was my late Uncles project over the last decade, and with his passing, we can no longer keep it and I have been tasked with selling.

It is currently listed on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....Name=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 with a comprehensive write up.

I have taken 30+ photos, are have them uploaded to my flickr account: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvGkJaF

A brief rundown:

1971 Volkswagen T2 Devon Camper,
Early Bay (Tax Exempt) Tin Top,
MoT'd until July 2012 (11 months),
Brand new Big-Bore 1800cc engine,
All up and running and on the road.

The camper completed a full bare metal restoration between 2005 and 2007, this included some new panelling and it was fitted with brand new rear side panels, new sliding door bottom and front skirt. The bodywork has also been smoothed, best seen in the pictures.
A comprehensive list of welding was undertaken to the chassis at this time.
The camper was then professionally resprayed all over in Rover Metallic Denim Blue.

The paintwork is still in fair condition, but there are small areas of surface rust starting to appear. The only part which would need attention is the rear roof guttering.

The interior has been converted to a complete Devonette set up, which includes the all important (and usually missing!) middle seat backrest frame.
It is this frame that makes the Devonette interior much sought after, as it offers a great deal of versatility in seating configuration.
It has also been fitted with new interior panelling, reupholstered rear cushions and curtains.
The interior is complete with the original roof lining, fully fitted fridge, sink and gas hob.
Up-front in the cab, it has been fitted with black leather electric seats from a Ford Granada, new door panels and a CD stereo system with Kenwood 6x9 door speakers.

The new engine is a 1776cc Big Bore, fitted with Holley/Weber 2BBL Progressive Carbs.
Imported brand new from America in 2007. it has completed less than 700 miles since being fitted. (Cost $2000). All of the purchase and import receipts are present.
The engine has just been fully serviced and tuned, it is certainly no slouch!
It has been lowered at the front and is fitted with Empi "S Spoke" alloys.
It drives very well with the new big bore engine, and always gets everybody looking!

The usual "bad points";

The horn, offside indicator and hazard warning lights do not currently function. (I am going to look at this, as it should be an easy enough job)
The seats in the cab are electrically adjustable, but are not wired up to the 12v supply.
The alloys were highly polished bare metal a couple years ago, but are no longer shiney. A bit of effort and they will shine up again however.
Due to the above mentioned passing of my Uncle there are small details of this project which need to be finished off to make it truly 100% finished.
This includes the fitting of things such the Devon top box (included), cab underseat rubber matting (included) and general minor detailing.

As a cash price to end the auction, we are looking for £6500 ono

My Mobile: 07843 496 376
My Email: [email protected]

Sadly it has to go to a new home, so all sensible offers will be considered.

Thanks,

Andy.

Some more pics;

Less than 48hrs left on fleabay guys!

Looks like someone is going to get a bargain...