• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 westfalia project £4500 ono.. !!!!!!!SOLD!!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupcoup

Reaction score
van in glasgow. can be transported for cost of diesel. photos to follow.

westfalia30.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

P1020267.jpg

P1020264.jpg

P1020259.jpg

pm me for more photos.

might break this if it's going to be worth it and depending on the interest...would be a shame though.

Price is up for debate now. The guy who worked on the van thinks I'm mad to give it away as he's worked on much worse vans which cost £5000. This so far owes me more than this and It saddens me to not have the time to finish it but i'd like someone to buy it as is and do the right thing.

ok so the interest has been outstanding but unfortunately nothing has been confirmed as far as a complete tow away is concerned. here are some more details.

This is a complete van altough a few of the parts are slightly damaged.
engine has end float,
gear box worked fine but selection wasn't too easy
eberspacher BN1 i think ws present but not connected, all the bits were there
all glass is available
sliding door was in the process of being repaired by parkneuk designs but not finished, is repairable though, and rot free
westfalia roof is available , bellows gubbed though and the bars were removed and stripped but now rusty everything is there though
interior is a westfalia california with the cupboard housing the hob behind the drivers seat. All available and working but with a few nicks here and there.
roof bed is a solid one with blue material
opening quarter lights are stripped ready to be resealed
headlights are lenses are there think that one is cracked though,
the beam is in great condition the steering box too.

this was a fully functioning bus before it was laid up and the restoration stopped.

Hi mate I think it would be a shame to break this but if you do, I would be very interested in the whole panel above the engine bay and petrol tank area.

Still for sale..Compared to a lot of the rotten rubbish available for nearly the same money this has to be a good buy. Stripped and ready to be rubbed down and painted the colour of your choice. some detailing/sandblastine/painting of tinware is done. 75 % of the underseal has been removed revealing shiny neptune blue paint. The tyres are new, the wheels are good. It justs wants to go to a good home. I've decided not to break it as I couldn't bring myself to. If someone else wants to buy to break that's up to them so I apologise to those who expressed an interest in parts, and thanks to those of you who said it would be a crying shame to break.

I'll sell the van and the cradle it has been on for £4500. ( cradle cost £500) plus delivery at 30p a mile i.e. 600 mile round trip = £180

thanks

This van is hiding nothing. the paint is a quick coat to keep the worst of the rust at bay and will come off easily when the body is prepped. The worst of the rust is on the cab floor which is holed in a few places. i have a repair panel for it. The rest of the van is SOLID. There is some flash rust as the restorer calls it, this would be stripped during the painting process and is only surface.

It's a really solid van which needs a good home.

Latest posts