• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 Cross-Over RHD restored Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwarren72bay

Reaction score
1972 Cross over Devon Bay window camper
Right hand drive
Tax Exempt
Years MOT
53000 miles
Lots of receipts and previous MOTs

I have spent thousands of pounds and lots of time restoring this camper over the last 6 years.

It has had complete bodywork, welding and full re-spray done just 4 years ago, so is solid and looks as though it was done yesterday. Had new arches, door skins, seals, cross beams etc. Done to a very high standard and is also kept garaged all winter to preserve this. New window and door seals replaced at this time too.

Exterior has also had new mirrors, aerial, VW Badge, Hella headlights, white indicators and rear lights. Restored original front bumper and new rear bumper.

The engine is an original 1600 that has been overhauled, with original parts. It’s a great runner. Has had regular services and oil changes. Was re-tuned, new oil, fuel filter, spark plugs, leads and gaskets etc end of last summer. Along with a brake check and rear drums cleaned and adjusted. New brake pipes and hoses.

I have changed the shocks to new Gaz ones and the camper is lowered with adjusters, so ride height can be altered very easily. Rides and handles alot better than original along with new steering damper. It has brand new Fuch wheels which are mint condition with brand new tyres, skinny at front, fat on rears.

The Interior is the most recent replaced which was done mostly last summer. Has new basket weave cream seat covers, new door interior panels all around, laminate flooring, full rock n roll bed, new seatbelts, new curtains from ‘VW camper curtains’, 2X 12 volt sockets, 240 volt sockets, Electric hook up, Canvas Sun Roof, CD player with ipod connection along with front Alpine speakers and rear JBL 6x9s…. plus more.
I also have a table to install and rear Jail bars.
I have just fitted brand new 3 piece high quality fire resistant foam for the rock and roll bed which was very expensive, however this has throws over them and is not upholstered. I should also mention the headlining has a few small tears and a few marks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a great camper and I will be very sad to see it go after all the hard work, effort and great trips that have been had in this. However it is time to sell as I want to go travelling.

£15,000 ono

It’s a real head turner and a beautiful bus, for more details

Neil 07966365655 Essex

Camper will be at Battlesbridge camper show this weekend if anyone wants to come have a look. Price has now come down too

Latest posts