• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 panel van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobBVW

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 1972 panel van with a 1600cc engine. It has been serviced and passed an MOT a little over a year ago. At that time it had some patch work to the 4 jacking points, a new carb and fuel lines and filter. Replacement shocks and disks were also added to the usual servicing. Anyone who buys it, I will MOT it for you!
This van was previously owned by Cadbury's and then Tangerine Confectioners to be used as a demonstrator vehicle and therefore has got very low genuine mileage of ONLY 29000 Km !!! Most of it's recent life has been stored in a warehouse building and simply maintained with regular services by the company. They also covered it in wraps that made it look like a giant bag of popcorn! They had to remove the wrap prior to selling to me, and some of the yellow edges can still be seen around the van.
The panel van is empty except for a fitted carpet through to the rear and without any side panels other than a fully complete and original driving cab. The floor and chassis are free from rot and the only welding work ever done on this chassis is to the jacking points. Everything else underneath is in original condition. This van is one of the last 'low lighters' to be produced and is built with front disc brakes and rear IRS suspension for a superior ride. The front beam is adjustable and the rear splines have been turned to suit the front drop. The BRM wheels have new tyres on them.
The body has had 2 port hole style windows added at an earlier stage in life which I think are horrible. I have already removed one of these and rebuilt the frame on the sliding door with a new skin on the outside. I have not got around to doing the nearside port hole yet. The bottom leading corner of the sliding door needs some work but otherwise there are no other repairs to do.
The engine bay is dry and the 1600 starts well and runs great...afterall it has only done 29000km in it's life! lol!

I am pricing this for a quick sale at £6000 !

Here is a video of the engine running. A stock 1600cc with twin quite pack exhaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4wokn5TAEQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello all, this sell price is very much a starting point and I am definitely open to offers!

Please contact me on 07905 364788 :mrgreen:

8) This bus is now sold! Thanks to all who have shown interest :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts