• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 RHD Westfalia Baywindow Crossover Campervan For Sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrolHead

Reaction score
1972 RHD Westfalia Baywindow Cross-Over Model Campervan For Sale

5th July Update

Van now has 12 Months MOT
[Expires July 4th 2011]
Now Taxed [it's Tax Exempt so free]

NOW SOLD

Some more pics here:
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/demondweebs/WestyForSale/

Loads of recent pictures of the van here: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/demondweebs/WestyForSale/Westyvan050410/?start=all

MOT till July 2011
Tax Exempt
1700cc Twin Carb Type 4 Style Engine

Has front door opening quarter lights
and deluxe bumper trims front and rear.

Has the original full width Westy rear bed,
but not the cooker unit or sink/cooler unit [These were converted to extra seating for my kids]

Full width double bed in the pop up roof [you can get two kids up there].

Link to the M-Codes Factory options decoder/details here:
http://www.vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=1400

The OG Westy Awning [as pictured],
Twin accessory front head rests
Fitted SpeedWell Rev Counter.

I think the price fairly reflects the van as it stands.
If you want a top spec Westy minter, you will need to at least double that figure as the prices have gone mad lately.
Have a look about and you will see what I mean.

The van is located in the Shoreham area, West Sussex.

Cheers,
Jon.

TTT

Extra Info:
I've owned the van since Dec 2003.
Only work needed to pass MOT every year since then has been.

1 worn front ball joint [The big swing arm steering knuckle ones] - So I replaced all 4, and the steering/trackrods & steering damper, and fitted 2 new front tyres and set the tracking and camber.
1 Excessively corroded rear brake line - So I replaced all of the brake 'hard' lines with cupronickel lines, and all the brake flexi-hoses, and rebuilt the front calipers [new seals etc] whilst I was at it.
This year [2010] I fitted new front brake disk and pads for the MOT

Other bits to keep running -
NOS Type 4 fuel pump
Had to fit one sparkplug thread insert to a head, as one of the sparkplug hole threads had gone [previous mechanics bad work
Replaced the exhaust a few times as they seem rust away every couple years.
Fitted some very good condition [Type 4] heat exchangers last year.

Other than that 6 years of happy motoring, with trips to Devon & Cornwall [from Sussex] each summer :)
Covered only about 1500'ish miles a year, each year.
But hardly used at all last year, so up for sale and time for a change.

van18.jpg

van8.jpg

van10.jpg

van16.jpg

van14.jpg

RHD
MOT'd
Taxed [Free/Exempt]
4 birth [Double bed up top]
Westfalia Van
Westy Awning

van17.jpg

van1.jpg

van11.jpg

Update:
OK, firstly apologies for not getting back sooner to all those who have previously PM’d and emailed me about the bus since I put the advert up.

I've finally had the time this weekend to wake the van from its winter sleep, cleaned, polished, fresh fuel, and a drive out.

I took 210 pictures of the van yesterday [5th April].

I’ve tried to show as much of the van as I can - the good, the bad, and the ugly.
It is an honest van, what you see is what you get, it’s certainly not a tonne of filler hiding hidden horrors under shiny new paint, but neither is it a show winner.

They new pictures are all uploaded here:
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/demondweebs/WestyForSale/Westyvan050410/?start=all

Some extra info:
MOT'd till 4th July 2011
Now Taxed

All the locks are matching on 1 key.

There is a little bit of history / paperwork with it [see pics].

The van also has:
Westy Trumatic heater [see pics]
Westy rear fly screen / net [see pics]
Dual battery / split charger system fitted.

As has probably become rather apparent from my lack of previous responses my life is stupidly busy, sorry. [Part of the reason I don’t have time to use the van anymore].

However I am around evenings this week and all day this coming Saturday and Sunday, after that I will be away and unavailable again, sorry.

Please have a good look at all of the pics and if anyone is still interested, and can potentially complete the sale by Sunday night, let me know by PM and I will get back to you with my contact number.

Please remember this is not a £10-15K mint Westfalia van, it has faults [as you can see in the pictures], and I feel I have priced it fairly to reflect this.
I’ve checked out and compared what other Westys from non-running projects through to real mint gems are going for on Vzi, Earlybay, JustKampers, The Samba, and Ebay in an attempt to try and set my price at a fair market value. [I would advise anyone looking to buy any type van to do the same].

1972 RHD Westy Van
OG Westy Awning [worth circa £300]
2 x front Accessory headrests [I paid over £100 to get this close matching pair]
Speedwell Rev counter [worth circa £100]

I also have the original Westy hob and sink top [sorry I chopped up the cabinets to make the seats] to be included with the van if wanted.

Please have a good look at all of the pics and if anyone is still interested, and can potentially complete the sale by Sunday night, let me know by PM and I will get back to you with my contact number.

Thanks,
Jon.

Update [21.04.10] - Still for sale [been too busy to sell it :( ]

Van now has 12 Months MOT 8)
[Expires July 4th 2011]
Will also be taxed this weekend [it's Tax Exempt so free]

NOW SOLD

RHD
MOT'd
Taxed [Free/Exempt]
4 birth [Double bed up top]
Westfalia Van
Westy Awning

Jon :)

To save me having to answers the same questions again and again to the PMs and emails received I’ll put them all below.

Q: Where is the van located?
A: Shoreham, West Sussex [It's in the first post]

Q: Can you email me some pictures?
A: There are over 200 recent pictures in the link in the first post

Q: Please describe the condition of the van
A: Describing the condition of a vehicle is incredibly subjective; I have provided over 200 pictures, the only way to ascertain the true condition of a vehicle is for you to view it and test drive it

Q: How good is the bodywork?
A: Please see answer to previous question

Q: What work needs doing?
A: Please see answer to previous question

Q: Is the van an Imported or UK model?
A: Imported from Europe during the 1970’s – Special order RHD model, with LHD sliding door

Q: I’m selling my car and might be interested in the van
A: Good luck with the sale

Q: I’m selling my car to buy a van to please the wife and kids, so might be interested
A: Trust me, buy a nice comfy Volvo estate and take the kids to DisneyWorld, it will get you a lot more love than a campervan

Q: How much will it cost to insure?
A: Ring your insurance company and ask them

Q: Will you take £3000 for the van?
A: No

I would urge anyone interested in the van to:
1. Read the thread in full
2. Look carefully at the pictures I have provided
3. If still interested [and have funds available] give me a call.

Seriously, this is an newly MOT’d, taxed, running, and driving RHD Westfalia for sale at not much more than normally asked for off the road project motors.

It just needs Slamming and a set of Fuchs to look the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts