1972 Single Cab - The Truck!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outoftheblueintothe

Reaction score
Just got mi hands on this bute

LHD 1972 single cab

Hard AS

Its as solid as you could wish for!

Wearing its dents and scraps like a true truck everyone telling a tale from a battle or two

I have bought this as a none runner although it is running but not very well!

It needs dropping and that is the second job straight after getting the engine running right

pictures taken tonight on my phone!!!! sorry about the quality of them

29zbjt0.jpg

23h9fzk.jpg

tapuvr.jpg

under cab floor mat
bexy8o.jpg

door hinges
21e7u9.jpg

drop gate
2rc0g2q.jpg

engine
29euyg.jpg

Respect to the scarring :mrgreen:

Nice SC dude 8) Looking forward to the mods ;)

Engine is out and top end stripped....... :roll:

Looks like we are gonna be neded new B's and P's :roll:
They all show signs of serious wear and tear - abuse and number 3 is knackered! :shock:

Reckon while its out it gets stripped and re-built! ;)

Lowering next :)

MOT time this week :?

Back on the road for the weekend????? :)

Ummmmm let see! :lol:

A few pictures!

Broken!
2f04oe1.jpg

282p73p.jpg

Drivers seat!
293al8x.jpg

Where the engine should be!
iz8ggk.jpg

Under the loadbed - How clean and solid!!!!!!!!
21jdj4x.jpg

We are waiting for the New B's and P's to arrive and these should be here on Wednesday - then its build the engine back up......

She has today (while the engine is out) been lowered 2 splines so I can not wait to see how this will look when its all put back together! :D

MOT - is provisionaly booked for Friday ;)

Quick picture update peeps.... ;)

You might be able to see the passenger seat in one of the pictures above (just) well long story short it is / was "just the seat frame" No trim no padding nothing! It did however have a piece of fabric just thrown over the springs! :shock:

Well in true "thrown together" stylie I decided to cover the passenger seat with the old Mexican Blanket.... 8)

So here we have the New Old seat ready to fit back in the truck once the engine is back in!!!!!

Phone pictures again sorry!!!

Ohhhhhh toooook me all of 10 mins or so! :lol:

eufvhw.jpg

v6hetx.jpg

Yes it is green based and the Truck is Blue BUT...... and there is a reason behind this.......................................

I was given the Mexican Blanket off a mate so it saves me buying one! :D

A small history lesson on The Truck

I was given a disc full of pictures of this Truck when I ought it..... Its been UK registered since 2008 and I am trying to trace the history although I did get told it came in from Russia!

Anyway this is what it first looked like - I think its only had one re-paint in its life and there is loads of original paint on the inside in great shape!
20zuwt0.jpg

5fptfp.jpg

30aeset.jpg

30aeset.jpg

The first owner in the UK (and there have only been 2 previous owners in the UK) did a few repairs to A very good standard

2z8dlvq.jpg

jsktc4.jpg

29zl9h.jpg

fdt4ev.jpg

and now repaired

2wc36uv.jpg

We have found this Petrol Heater under the passenger seats - looks mint! Will try and get this working!
23u97j5.jpg

Some more of the Load bed - Well under the bed!
33u51l0.jpg

2h541h5.jpg

k53o5j.jpg

Treasure Chest
nz56ox.jpg

I have loads of pictures of this truck and the more I look at it and find out about it the more I like it!!!!! Solid or what!

From what I know so far ....... First registered 21/08/1972 it had 8 previous owners before coming onto these shores and it was off the road from 1988 through to 2008 although I am guess at 2008 as it looks like this is when it landed on these shores and put back on the road!

Roll on Friday - fingers crossed a fresh MOT rebuilt engine and lowered all round - then the fun can really start!

:) I have just been talking to the first registered keeper of this truck who has filled in some missing info

Supplied into Russia when New but its spent all its life in Lapland it was taken off the road in 1988 he thinks that was due to it had developed problems with the engine (this was replaced in the UK at a later date)

Fast Forward to 2006 when it arrived in the uk though Mark at Nomad VW in Boston (so I understand) it then went up to Scotland to Solway Beetles.co.uk (Davie) where it sat in a unit for a year or so before being put back on the road and registered in 2008.... Sold to a bloke in Blackburn (Lancashire) and then to ME!

Soooo with all this in mind and it being off the road for 20 years I would like to think the mileage on this Truck is right (74,000 I think it is)

Great to know the history that in-depth of your van 8)

Your heater looks to be in very good nick too ;)

Its home!

Passed the MOT this afternoon!

Its lower now than before so its happy days

Got some work to do now ahead of Harewood House next weekend!

141iq9e.jpg

and its NOT my dog!

I have been having a go...... well there is a first time for everything!

2wmzzaa.jpg

alqemr.jpg

Needs a little bit more work yet and it also needs a good buff up now to try and get a bit of colour back into the paint work (not toooo much though)

and a few more shots on this link ;)
http://www.demondubs.com/forum/album.php?albumid=69" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking good (don't forget to change your status), plus can't look at the pics as you have to be registered and I don't want to join another forum........ :mrgreen: