• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2.0L Type 4 Motor and gearbox

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radish

Reaction score
I friend of mine has a rebuilt 2.0L motor with twin carbs and all the tinware, It was pulled from a bus to be rebuilt but then the bus ended up rotting out. He is after £500ono for it.

The gearbox got pulled as well and this he would like £550ono.

PM me for more details

Cheers Darius

Are we talking 6 rib 091 gearbox ? Whereabouts is he ?

Thanks

Andy

Yes 6 rib, from what i have been told by Alex at heritage it's worth more than that but for a swift sale i put a decent price on it. Worthing

andyo11 said:
Are we talking 6 rib 091 gearbox ? Whereabouts is he ?

Thanks

Andy

mattd1984 said:
Not sure if type 4 2L box is the same is It?

Why not? type 4 motors came in 1700 1800 and 2000 didn't they? I'm sure they didn't make a 2000cc in any other guise than a type4 motor which where fitted to Latebays and Porsche 914's, i could be wrong though. it's out of a latebay Viking.

I'll have the box if he'll post it somehow ? Or does he come up north very often ? In no rush :)

The engine hasn't been run since the rebuild.
They are probably solex carbs but I think he wants it to be sold complete.
post isn't a problem, I could get it on a pallet for him.

If any one wants to call him pm me, I think you would have to be quick as a lot of people are showing interest. I know these are priced to sell

radish said:
BrotherNumberOne said:
2L 'boxes are all 6 rib.

Does it make it a 091 then?

As there are so many interested i'll put his number up.

Call Mark 07895 811638.

Cheers Darius

Yep, all 'boxes from '76 onwards are 091 type, in either the 3 rib version for the 1600 or 6 rib for the 2L.

Latest posts