2500 mile round trip through France in a 1970 SO69/1 Oslo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy

Reaction score
Just some holiday snap from our mammoth round trip to France, had a great time will be going back next year.

On route to the Central Massif

SANY0955.jpg

SANY0958.jpg

Central Massif volcanic crater lake

SANY1011.jpg

The Dordogne

SANY1030.jpg

SANY1049.jpg

The Loire valley

SANY1131.jpg

Brittany

SANY1189.jpg

Standing stone at Carnac

SANY1194.jpg

Point Du Hoc

Bomb crater

SANY1220.jpg

A bunker

SANY1225.jpg

Pegasus Bridge

SANY1244.jpg

Next year canoes and bikes as well :D .

Ian

Very nice pics!, next year i want to do the whole west coast from the north to the south.

Next year you'll be in the syncro though ;) ;)
We're planning on something along the same lines next year, through France and onto the italian lakes, probably maggiore

great pics matey! just got back from a week in somerset and devon. my holiday photos dont have as much blue sky as yours :?

Great pics 8)

Shame about the sale of the van (doonn'ttt do it!!!! ;) )

fantastic - did the North to South trip a few years ago and loved it. If only the Euro wasnt so high we would have gone this year too - oh well.

Looks like a lot of fun,did you plan out camp sites or is it easy enough to find places along the way?

We had a vague idea of a route, but nothing concrete.

We just took a Michelin France camping guide, but we also stopped on speck if we like the look of a place.

I have nothing but praise for the quality of french camp sites, all were clean and even the most basic (around 13 to 18 euros) had showers toilets, plate washing facilities. The more expensive ones (20 to 26 euros) had swimming pools (although not all), play areas for kids, washing machines and driers.

I think people running some of the camp sites in this country could learn a lot from a trip to France. We are going again next year but not on a big tour. Then off to Austria the year after on another tour.

Looks like a cracking trip :D

Looking to do France next year. :)

Just back from a very indifferent Cornwall weatherwise, :roll: but spot on for the surfing and bodyboarding tho ;)

Oh, and we counted 99 VW buses over the week, as hard as we looked we could not find the 100th by the time we got home!

Latest posts