3/4 or full width

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Reaction score
Just thought I'd get peoples opinion on interiors as I'm finally about to get inside the bus where it's warm(er) just in time for winter (once I find that final window)
Anyway the reason I ask is because I have redundancy looming and after all this work I might have to sell her (fingers crossed it wont come to this though) and just wondered what people prefer. I was going to put a westy full width bed, table and two buddy seats but do people prefer the westy cupboard, 3/4 bed, table and 1 buddy seat. I'm happy with either but just after a preference
Also what thickness in floor do you westy guys have, I was considering cheap laminate flooring then madmatz over the top under the furniture aswell but dont wont to cause the furniture (side cupboard) not to line up wih the shape of the body :?

I would use 9mm thick marine ply with lino , vinyl , on top thats what i done in mine

If you dont have a wardrobe already , I would go full width ,

And i have a second hand tailgate script if you want it £10 posted

Grazy said:
I would use 9mm thick marine ply with lino , vinyl , on top that's what i done in mine

If you don't have a wardrobe already , I would go full width ,

And i have a second hand tailgate script if you want it £10 posted

Cheers Grazy If your script in good nic with all its pins I'll take it (I can paypal you or collect at slough) don't suppose you have the clips as well
With the 9mm do you have a side cupboard fitted
As for the wardrobe I have the choice of either, 1 set will get fitted the other will get sold. I like the space of a full but like the look of the 3/4 :roll:. before I had a family I couldnt care less what was in the back of the bus as long as I could get a drunken nights sleep on it :lol:

Only 2 pins on the script mate , Let me know ,

my van is a panel van so no extra cupboards etc sorry :?

For what it's worth I have a westie and full width bed - my brother had the 3/4 and the cupboard just got in the way when driving & sitting inside,

I have 3 kids so room was important! - 1 buddy seat and then I've got space to put "stuff" in the rear where the sink unit used to be when we go away - I much prefer the bigger bed :)

My brother has the best of both worlds now though - a 3/4 bed but with window height units down one side that means he gets the light/visibility and loads of storage!

Put a new floor in also and used the measurements Grazy has - but with a foam underlay underneath and madmatz on top - though I put an extra 2mm of ply on top and it has raised it too much to line up cupboards e.t.c.

Full width everytime, massive sleeps! :lol:

I have a 3/4 westy bed with the wardrobe and love this setup. Means lots of storage space. I also removed the spare wheel and had a new cushion made up covering the hole so we get more room for sleeping.

I have 1 westy buddy seat and a good size fridge where the old sink / cooler unit would have gone. The fridge also acts as a second buddy seat.

I've got a full width r&r bed it's great loads of room can fit all four of us in it of we want to.
Plus when parked up it means that 3 can sit in the back with comfort.

Like the idea of the low units to give better light and visability, but that would mean cutting up the OG unit.
I like the storage the unit gives and the bed is roomey enough for two and the wife sleeps like a top so no complaints. bigger bed is nice but storage is better.

I don't have a westy, but moonraker. I have cupboards down one side and the cushion goes over the rear spare wheel well and have a 3/4 width. I'm not a small bloke and me and the wife find it snug at night, but hey that's what it's all about, eh? :lol:

Marvel said:
I don't have a westy, but moonraker. I have cupboards down one side and the cushion goes over the rear spare wheel well and have a 3/4 width. I'm not a small bloke and me and the wife find it snug at night, but hey that's what it's all about, eh? :lol:

That's a definite then as I'm 6'4" and with ever growing beer belly :D :lol:

Latest posts