4 page brochure for ADVENTURE CAMPERS inc, early bay model

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrodude

Reaction score
I had this brochure on the floor of my '70 Westy when it came in from the US, it was in a state, I dried it out and pressed it as well as possible.

It is for an Adventure Campers Inc. It is the DATA Sheet, Owners manual.

It is based on am early bay, I guess they were competing with the westy campmobile e.t.c.

From the dealer. Jerry Edington
Ron Price VW
El Camino Real
San Francisco
CA 94080

If anyone has one of these campers let me know.

2md0753.jpg

311wh0y.jpg

sou9mb.jpg

68a6ww.jpg

hi there .
i have had one of these and sold it on to a friend and have just located another one in california to bring in . i would love to have a copy of the catalog or even better the original...!!
let me know if you want rid of the catalog .
i also have to say it was one of the best laid out vans i have had with the easyist beds to get out and put away .
regards spike :D :D

Hey There,

Cool, looks a great layout for sure. I would be interested in letting the original go, it is not in great condition, but it is complete as you can see, maybe trade something else?

Hello!

I have a slightly newer model (a 1972 Adventurer V) that is my "highway home" of choice:

2350952902_3574469a1c.jpg

It arrived in the States as a standard Kombi and was converted by Adventure Campers in Fort Bragg, CA. After the upfit, it was shipped to a VW dealer in Berkeley, CA. It remained a West Coast resident until the early 1990s.

Everything (refrigerator, stove, electrics) is functional, but the plumbing needs a little work. My brochure/envelope is similar to the one you posted. The hightop certainly makes for a challenging drive in a crosswind, but the interior headroom is worth the tradeoff. I always get a laugh out of the suggestion in the owner's manual that the fiberglass top makes for a cooler interior. Perhaps it does, but in the middle of a southeastern U.S. summer, you'll wonder if you made a wrong turn into the infernal regions while sitting in it.

Adventurewagens are still a fairly common sight at bus meets in the U.S. Most of the time, however, portions of the interiors have been removed. I like the layout, so I don't plan to make many mods, except to add a solar panel at some point.

Latest posts