• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

64 Split Rolling Project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy11

Reaction score
I need to sell one of my buses so will try the 64 split first, otherwise the Bay is goin :-( its a runner with MOT and tax, been doing bits and bobs to it over the 2 years Ive had it. Took me a long time to find it as it was born on the same year as me and only 4 days younger. Very solid apart from the outer sills which will need replacing in the near future. A repair to the offside B post is needed also, the PO said it was accident damage, it seems to be only the B post strip though. I have a very good offside cab door and cargo door because these will need replacing. The bulkhead has been cut out and I am in the process of replacing that with a good panel. 3 point front seat belts have been fitted. Thats all that will need doing, the rest of is totally solid. Creative IRS has been fitted with Early Bay rear drums. Dropped spindles have been fitted along with the standard front drums. I have replaced the Chevy seat it came with and bought and recovered the 1/3-2/3 front seats with new black basket weave TMI covers. It has 6 Karmann Konnection pop outs. It is fitted with a T25 engine hatch. I have had all the locks rebuilt from the ignition key. Good 1600 twin port engine fitted with stainless JK exhaust, not sure what gearbox it has but it runs along very nicely. I bought some brand new American Eagle polished wheels and brand new tyres. Very easy project, can be a great bus with very little work. Will come with its original wheels and a couple of boxes of bits. £14k ono. Bus is located in Cleethorpes.

So in summary

Good Bits
Dropped spindles
CE IRS
CE Early Bay rear drum kit
CE Adjustable spiringplates
Karmann Konnection pop outs
T25 engine hatch (awesome for access, especially if you have twin carbs)
Brand new American Eagle polished alloys and new tyres
Includes good offside cab and cargo door
3 point seat belts fitted
New front seat covers
Locks rebuilt by C & C
JK stainless exhaust

Bad Bits
Will need outer sills soon
Needs small repair to offside B post
Needs bulkhead panel welding in, I'm on with it, panel is nearly prepped.
Needs interior and inner panels and headlining (good blank canvas though)

Shame u already hav a bay or there could have been a deal Free bump for a nice split fella glws

Latest posts