• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

67 devon bay for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

67bay

Reaction score
11vqmfn.jpg
my 67 bay window devon is for sale UK registered RHD all bodywork has been done just needs an interior to finish made on the 14/9/67 so a 68 model year please ring for more details 07831562029 also on classified on ebay uk

A reluctant sale of my Original UK registered 1967 bay window Devon camper. This camper has had extensive restoration including both front arches, lower front panel, sills, parts of both rear arches and lower slideing door £500 worth of panels All carried out professionally( I have photos to prove how it was all carried out) and then resprayed in the original Lotus white.

I've also fitted a new roof seal kit+ vent cap and vinyled the top from "The camper shop at individual interiors" I've seen loads of bodged ones and decided to do a proper job). I still have the poptop headlining ready to fit as supplied. As you can see the bus needs an interior, the original was in poor condition and is no longer available but you could now add your own personal touch as the worst has been done.

I've installed FatMat sound deadening and insulation (see pics) all over pop top and interior as well, only the floor needs to still be done. The bus comes with a set of 356 style wheels which are in good condition. Also the van had a westfalia side window fitted with new seals all round. This is the window with the vents/louvres which are ideal when cooking! The van also had new rubber seals all round when I had it painted.

According to the history with this bus an engine was fitted 40000 miles ago but this is all before I bought the bus so I cant vouch for this but it runs fine. I'd say the gear mech could do with a look at, I've been told its a worn bush on the change mechanism and simple to do. Rear bumper is included, It's being sprayed at the time of listing. All interior handles are there plus a set of original wheels/tyres. I will also be including a Just Kampers cover with the van as this is whats its been stored under since I've owned it.

This bus is a very early model, the M plate decoder states it was made on September 14 1967 making this one of the oldest known. There are lots of one year only features including; split screen door handles, longer stem on mirror and a 4 bolt fixing on the rear panel.this bus is stated as being a 68 model year but made in 67.

I will be putting the bus through an MOT this week so it will come with a years ticket. It is also currnetly SORN but I can apply for the free tax disc if the buyer wishes so they can drive it away.

All in all a rare bay window up for grabs with not to much to finish and you will have to look hard at any VW show to find another this early.

Contact me on 07831 562029 for anything I've not covered or to arrange a viewing
this is also listed on ebay im looking for offers around £10000

HI I am keen to view your bus prior to a possible purchase, where in the uk are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts