68 Canterbury Pitt Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will take some photos over the christmas period. My better half keeps complaining that I have not taken any photos of the interior because she made the cushion covers.

IMGP0210.jpg

Happy camping

nice interior, wish mine had been anywhere near as good as that when i got mine. are you doing any show's next year? Need to get these van's together for the first time in 39 years. VAn looks superb matie!!!!!

Have a good en

Merry Christmas to all

Will hopefully be going to bustypes, Uttoxeter, BVF, Tatton Park vwnw, Matlock, Vanfest and probably a few more. Would be great to get the vans together.
Wishing all you early bay lovers a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

p.s. having trouble with username so this may come up as the doc or bluey68.

hi,it looks very good, 8) tell your mrs shes done a fine job, 8) look forward to see it at the shows...i see it still has the dent in the lower corner :oops: ... let me know what shows you will be attending next year,so i can meet up to have a good look..hope you both have a good xmas and a happy new year ..and ill see you in the new year...eryl :D

CANTERBURY PITT INTERIORS WERE MAID IN ARISDALE AVE, STH OCKENDON ,ESSEX, THE FACTORY CLOSED AFTER MR PITTS DEATH HE ALSO CONVERTED OTHER MAKES MODELS ETC I LIVE RIGHT NEAR ARISDALE AVE,, ALSO NICE BRUSH HA HA, CHECK OUT DAVID ECCLES CAMPERVAN THE INSIDE STORY , ITS A GREAT BOOK ON EVERY VW CAMPER CONVERSION EVER MADE GREAT STUFF, AND GREAT TO SEE WHAT ORIGINAL INTERIORS SHOULD HAVE AND LOOK LIKE.. 8)

Found the pics Doc - we have a slightly different layout to yours, but you can see that the wood/stain is the same colour!!
I must get some interior pics sorted - I think your van colour is pretty similar to the original colour of our van - umm - very tempting.....
Cheers for the link - for anyone else interested in another canterbury Pitt Bay window, see our new site!

hi the colour is neptune blue. I have got the original sales brochure for canterbury pitt, so will try to post some pics on here if I can.

That would be great to see. I have the original VW handbook with service stamps, but nothing about the conversion....

Latest posts