68 Crew Cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damo

Reaction score
Hi folks

After prompting, I have finally worked out how (I think) to post some pics of my new crew cab.

I imported it from Tenerife earlier this year, where it had led an easy life transporting bananas from the plantations to the packing sheds, hence it wasn't abused as many of the type were used as builder's vans. I cannot take any credit for it's excellent condition, as this was all carried out by the chap that sold it to me, a VW dealer by the name of JJ Cars. (Lovely bloke to deal with, and by all accounts the first VW garage on the island.) It spent all it's life in The Canaries, starting in Gran Canaria and then Tenerife, hence the milieage is fairly low (90,000 km), and spent all it's life in the sun. What a shock it must have been to leave it's container at a snowy Felixstowe in February!

All images are taken in Tenerife, from the sale ad, except the last in Felixstowe.

cc9.jpg

cc3.jpg

cc1.jpg

olafurgon_47.jpg

Doka001.jpg

cab.jpg

cc8.jpg

Felix1.jpg

really really nice, i take it its not original paint?
anyone know why there are no holes in the back tailgate ? (to see the rear lights when the gate is dropped)
and like i said in the other thread there seems to be loads of 68 crewcabs, i wonder why? yours must be the best ive seen by far, love it 8)

Thanks for the comments, but as I say I cannot take credit. And yes, it was re-sprayed recently as far as I know.

My understanding re the holes in the tailgate is that they were only there for US bound pick ups, so maybe it was a regulation thing. (I could be wrong though.)

If work permits I am hoping to take this up to Camperjam, as I saw a post on here saying that they are having a special pick up display on the Sat. Maybe I'll catch up with some of you there.

Latest posts