68 crewcab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster966

Reaction score
Well I've got me an early bay :D Here's a first pic or 2 from when we got home with it.

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Ain't it super 8)

I'll try & put a couple of better pics up tomorrow.

Steve

spotted this on ebay and thought it could be right up your street.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-TYPE-2-BAY-CREWCAB-DOUBLECAB-TILT-BOW-COVER_W0QQitemZ190237060278QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190237060278&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Kempy, thanks for the eyeball on the tilt, not really my kind of thing though.

Johnny, where was it for sale, I've been looking a while & never saw this one.

Grazy, yep a bus barn slam job. Going to drop the back to get it level, other than that just little things to do.

Monster966 said:
Johnny, where was it for sale, I've been looking a while & never saw this one.

68 dopelkabe said:
Hi have rock solid 68 crew imported 3 years ago from california,faded white patina.This truck has had a lot of time and money put into it. very low narrowed beam,drp spindels.csp discs,notched chassis,all work carried out by the bus barn.Has 1776 twin 40s remote filter an cooler,6 rib 2 litre gearbox. body is very straight no rot.excellent load bed and gates.I am only thinkin off selling this due to major op on me neck and slammed vans dont help,looking for a lwb t4 for comfort.email me 4 pics,[email protected] . cheers neil

here? :D

Why thank you all for the nice comments. Ran out of time to take more pics yesterday. Spent the day poncing around cleaning the inside out, fixing a couple of small things & then decided to scrape the emulsion :shock: off the rear seat base. Fortunately it comes off quite easily, don't know why it was painted really 'cause it's in the same condition as the rest of it, solid but 40 years old 8) dare I say 'patina'

That reply from Neil was in my wanted post Johnny :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: I knew I hadn't missed it. The amount of time I spent looking it wouldn't have surprised me if I'd gone blind though :oops: :lol:

Finally took some more pics.

At our first outing NSRA supernats 8)

DSCF0044.jpg

Some I took today for the insurance valuation.

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

That'll do you lot for now :mrgreen:

Hi peeps. Just fitted new boots to the crew :D Nicked 'em off my split. They look a lot better on here 8)

newboots.jpg

Latest posts