• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

68 Devon Torvette one owner to 2014, RHD, 53K miles, £21000

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samba-lee

Reaction score
Amazing one owner from new 1968 until 2014 VW T2 RHD UK delivered Devon Torvette camper with 53k miles.

I acquired this original un-restored early bay window camper October 2014 from the original owner who I have known for 20 years.

The van has been well cared for all its life by the gent who bought it new in 1968 from a local VW dealership in Manchester. Now in his 80's he decided to part with the camper late in 2014. It had not been on the road since 2000 and so despite being dry stored require some recommissioning work so I carried out the following:

Full brake system rebuild (new ATE cylinders, new master cylinder, new flex hoses and new shoes) - needless to say full fluid refresh

I removed the 1500 single port engine (which ran fine), stripped it to the long block and had the tinware blasted and painted. Fitted a new main seal (as the engine was out) and other gaskets and reassembled the engine.

Whilst the engine was out I had the fuel tank restored professionally (at a cost of £400) and replaced the CV joint boots as access was easy. Fuel line was of course replaced throughout with R9 grade hose.

Resto thread here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie....php?p=7460570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Devon Torvette interior shows little usage and is almost new. It has a pull out double bed, Dudley cooker and all original cushions and curtains. It also has a Westfalia style cab bunk suitable for a child. The only thing I can see that is not standard is the flooring which has been recarpeted at some point.

The body was repainted about 20 years ago, has original sills and battery trays, door steps and floors so is an amazingly original RHD van.

It is unlikely that an effectively one owner Devon camper will every come up for sale again as very few people would keep a vehicle for 46 years and it is this which brings me to the asking price.

Lee

[email protected]

6258410.jpg

6258412.jpg

6258413.jpg

6258414.jpg

6258415.jpg

6258417.jpg

6258420.jpg

6258418.jpg

6258421.jpg

Latest posts