68 US Double Cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carole

Reaction score
Well, he's arrived, 2 weeks early!

Shivering a bit in the UK winter.....

1968 US Double cab. Running a new 1641 and gearbox, recent new paint and interior. Got a couple of scuffs from the shippers but nothing that can't be fixed. Still got all the correct 68 bits and bobs too.

First job is to change all the lights to UK spec and get him MOT'd and registered for the New Year.

Then strip all the interior out, lots of Anchor Wax and Insulation, clean the underside and then more Anchor Wax (lovely job....), sort out some proper seat belts, add a few bits of bling and colour to brighten him up and away we go. Should only take a day or so...ahem.

Needs a tickle with the lowering stick when funds allow, but as soon as he's legal will be put straight into daily use, should raise a smile on the school run...

DSCN3076.jpg

DSCN3079.jpg

DSCN3068.jpg

DSCN3069.jpg

DSCN3081.jpg

Had a sneaky little drive in him up and down the lanes yesterday, drives lovely. Need to deal with the 'granny height' though, way too tall for my liking.... :lol:

more piccies as things progress....

Carole :wink:

Loving this DC Carole :D lucky girl..... wot you doing with the rear lights keeping them red and putting the indicators in the reverse or swapping them to ambers?

I cant believe how clean that van is for a works vehicle .. any history on it?

Hi Aaron...

Zero history with it, which is a real shame. It was being sold as part of Bob Costa's estate as he died recently, and he'd taken it into his VW business as a part exchange on another vehicle. His widow has kindly offered to try and find out any info that she can for me.

I'm going to change the rear lenses to amber ones as I can't be doing with worrying about mondeo man driving up my ar*e.... :shock:

Just want to get him home and make a start....

That looks superb for a commercial vehicle!

Very jealous. 8)

Sweet sweet DC 8) 8) 8)
How you applying the wax if you dont mind my asking.

very very nice, now get it slammed!
with beaglebus as well that garage of yours will be bursting at the seams :lol:

Hiya SK.... :lol:

might be calling you in the New Year about a lowering job...... :wink:

And Wibbler, to answer your question about Anchor wax, I usually use a 3" brush to apply it, you can get a nice thick coat on then.

Thanks for all your kind comments guys.... :oops: :wink:

Carole

Boys, you need to calm down..... :lol: :wink:

And Slammedresto, to answer your question, yes it's a keeper, and yes we will probably put a small Baydreamers logo on it somewhere, maybe in the back window.

Less is more.....

carole said:
Hiya SK.... :lol:

might be calling you in the New Year about a lowering job...... :wink:

And Wibbler, to answer your question about Anchor wax, I usually use a 3" brush to apply it, you can get a nice thick coat on then.

Thanks for all your kind comments guys.... :oops: :wink:

Carole

no probs, would look much nicer a little lower to terra firma!
mmmnice.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Now that's much better......

better start raiding the piggy bank....... :roll:

Carole

Dear santa

for christmas i would like a lowered and narrowed beam, a set of sweet rims and some sunshine!
:lol: