• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 aussie import pop-top bay. Solid!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredster

Reaction score
Advertised on behalf of my mate Chris. This is an imported Australian 1969 early bay with poptop. Its been lowered and has the nicest stance of any van I’ve seen (low but not too damn low). He’s selling it as they’re trying to get the money together for a deposit on a house. A reluctant sale, but then aren’t they all. He and his wife have been to Cornwall (from Ipswich) and back many times in this bus and its never let them down.

Bus will be sold with a full Mot and obviously its tax exempt.
He's after £6.5k for it but will consider offers. Any questions call Chris on 07830 286689 or 01473 780032. Do not PM me please, as I rarely get on earlybay. All in he's spent in excess of £10k on this bus, you won't find better for that money. Bus is located in IP9, Ipswich

Good points:

RHD and dry!
OG paint (think its lotus white) with stunning “dove of peace” 60’s decals (see pics)
Spax adjustable shocks up front
MWS Sprintstar wheels, very good order with good tread on Yokohama tyres
Firetrace auto fire extinguishing system in engine bay
Heavy duty splitcharge with leisure battery fitted
Lovely patina period roofrack
Front and rear roo-bars included in sale but not fitted. Rear bars have integral tow bar
Stoneguard and sunvisor fitted
Full width JK RnR bed
DVD head unit with small screen and dvd out (plugs into your tv)
Underneath fully cleaned and then coated with Terason underseal - she’s staying solid!
Very well maintained, his father-in-law owns big garage in Ipswich and won’t have his daughter riding around in a dubious vehicle!
New wheel bearings throughout, brakes completely overhauled 6 months ago
Large driveaway awning included
Personal belongings safe securely mounted to chassis.
Solid as a rock 1915 engine built by me two years ago, done about 5k miles and hasn’t missed a beat. Engine spec:
New Mexi full flowed case, clearanced by Stateside tuning for 82mm crank.
New Bugpack cam (same lift and duration as engle 110)
CB Bigfoot lifters
CB 041 heads, ported and polished with stainless valves and HD springs
Scat bolt up rockers
New Mahle B & P’s
Empi full flow pump
Bosch 009 with pertronix
Bosch high output coil
Original heat ex’s in very good order - this bus is WARM
Ceramic Mondo exhaust and ceramic header

Bad points:

Rust on bottom of drivers side door, behind bumper, and the odd bit here and there but NOTHING terminal or in need of welding. There is NO filler on this bus.
Hook-up lead used to mount behind ns airscoop, has been blocked off now but will need some attention to blend it in if you’re a perfectionist
Doors don’t lock from outside but they do from inside - sliding door and tailgate lock fine from outside - so it can be left securely
headlining needs attention, missing in places (but easier than normal to do as poptop hole takes up most of headlining area) poptop is lined
One of the poptop mechanism channels is rusty, but works fine
Seat covers are ripped, seats themselves are comfy, just need recovering

IMGP0357.jpg

IMGP0365.jpg

IMGP0361.jpg

IMGP0366.jpg

IMGP0359.jpg

Latest posts