69 California Westy.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lard said:
Looking great - love the steering wheel, what make is it?

Think I spotted it - standard accessoryl?
page22.jpg

The wheel was from a guy that got 200 made up i think he trades under the name "Magpie collectables". At the time it was the only correct size one about but i think 56deluxe do one now.

Heres a more recent photo from the Volksworld photo shoot.

static01.jpg

Made a few more changes.

Mat and shelf. I love the cab now its well sweet.

DSCF3468.jpg

Fitted a towbar for the Westy Trailer so the rig is looking good. New curtains fitted and mozzy nets repaired and mirror polished for the louvre windows.

looks spot on - gives me something to work towards :)

In the volks shot above - did they put lighting inside the van or is the light shining on your headliner from something you've fitted?

lard said:
looks spot on - gives me something to work towards :)

In the volks shot above - did they put lighting inside the van or is the light shining on your headliner from something you've fitted?

I think that is just flash bounce from his big tripod flashes. If i remember he only lit the inside for the close up interiour shots.

looks good enough to eat ya dinner off jon!!! nice and clean and shiney!!!

always liked your bus and the understated period touches.... dont see it around much these days....

white buses...flookin hard things to photograph.....
i like the motion shot you did in the carpark.....you'll have to show me how you did it sometime... ;)

You mean this one.

pole12.jpg

Im still about and the bus is my daily driver when im home. Check out the Exmouth pull out in Wednesdays E&E. I think it got used for some photos at a car show at the weekend.

yeah its cool as flook.....
will have to give it a go myself sometime.....

i'll keep my eyes peeled for the westy around town then.....

Not bad, shame its not a crossover :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, my favourite westy, total class 8)

Way down on page 7 no less. Ive got a sneakey feeling this thread might be getting a few updates soon.
Heres a glimps of it when it left me a few weeks ago.

P1010352.jpg

Looked good from a distance but was getting abit rusty in a couple of places.............

I must be mad.

Hi great van ! I am looking for a roof cot !how much do you want ! 8)

Cots long gone im affraid. Still got one of the marine grade canvases i had made up for it here though, but its in blue....

clyde said:
Thanks for the comments guys. Ive been doing all sorts of little jobs as ive been going along. Changed fron Dynamo to Alternator, fitted a leisure battery, blasted and re painted the Rock and Roll bed mounts and all the mechanism for the roof cot while i had it down to make some new canvas. Re trimmed the edges of the sink unit etc with some new edge trim. I got a custom made shift knob from the US and ive got a nice wood rim alloy steering wheel to fit. Roof and roof rack are next on the list along with the headlining which although very good condition is splitting in a couple of places. Also i need to take it down anyway to fit the new Continental roof bunk ive just managed to get hold of. So anyone want a perfect roof cot and some good but not perfect headlining keep em peeled.

;) Check the date fella. JUNE 2008.................

It went in the for sale section soon after that post and went to a new home.
Sorry.

clyde said:
Looked good from a distance but was getting abit rusty in a couple of places.............

I must be mad.

Know the feeling well. mines in the paintshop too at the mo. looking forward to seeing how they both turn out! love your brown westy interior. might be copying that ;) was going to have my cab pro trimmed, but seeing how good yours looks with the tmi, (which mine already has) my mind is now undecied!

Thanks for the comments on the brown interiour, that is definitly staying when it goes back together.

Went to check on things today. The thing that was holding the job up was finding a good right hand rear quarter panel. I might be over fussy but i didnt want a cheap repo panel going into my otherwise perfect bus. This put the job back atleast 6 weeks as i was promised things that never arrived (how often dose that happen) and with me working away im limited on when i can get to do things. Anyway i managed to find a NOS panel and now its in place and things should pick up pace abit now.

53.jpg

Ive got a busy 5 weeks ahead so hopefully it will be finished in that time, so i can get it back to me then another 3 weeks away at work then about 2 days before Ninove. Im hope to have it back together for around mid May (why dose work take up so much time).

I dont want to rush it but ive got to make sure i get it all back together right. Ive still got to sort out the head lining and side panels, wheels and tyres, and some other little touchs. Ive yet to decide on sound proofing and thermal lining and ive got some wood work to do on the westy interiour as im going to replace/repair some laminate.

Having not put a bus back together from the ground up before and not wanting to waste time by putting things in and then having to remove them again to do something else, a plan is a must.

Its also catch 22 at the moment as i need to really getting some stuff done ready to fit (polishing etc) but to do this i need to get into the garage, but at the moment the garage is full of all the bus bits and its to cold to work out side..............

Latest posts